New Ibanez trems 2004 - new Edge and ZeroResistance - Page 5 - Jemsite
Jemsite Featured News Featured news & threads that appear on the frontpage of jemsite.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 08:50 AM

Yeah I understood what they wrote. I'm just wondering *why* there are problems. What exactly do Joe and Steve have a problem with regarding the new units? That right there gives me pause but I'm sure things will get ironed out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 09:15 AM
dex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff l
Yeah I understood what they wrote. I'm just wondering *why* there are problems.
No you didn't.

There are no problems.
It just says that this is the very first press release from Ibanez and they are yet to approach their endorsees (and that's everyone, not just Joe and Steve) with the new trems for testing.
So I'm guessing Steve and Joe are going to test new protptypes and let Ibanez know what they think, but they have not yet.
It's not like they did and didn't like it, it's more that they either haven't yet or they have only had minimal (if any) exposure to the new trems and are yet to comment on them.

What it DOESN'T say
"We have some problems to iron out with Joe and Steve with regard to the new tremolos"

What it DOES say
"We are yet to get the final confirmation of what Joe and Steve want to do with regard to the new tremolos."

I didn't mean to sound so patronising but most of you seem to think that it says something it doesn't (or you just pretend you are thinking it which is worse) so I want to set the record straight.
post #63 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 09:23 AM
deleted username

Dex- would you please translate the text that's "inside" the pictures? I'm sure it's a bit technical, but we have faith in you. :-)
post #64 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 09:48 AM
dex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan
Dex- would you please translate the text that's "inside" the pictures? I'm sure it's a bit technical, but we have faith in you. :-)

1. First pic - Edge I
"Same trem arm from EDGE"
"Easy string loading block"
"Hardened metal inserts"

2. Second pic - EDGE cut view
"New system for clamping the strings, no need for cutting the ball ends."

3. EDGE II
"Same trem arm from SAT/FAT type bridge"
"Easy string loading block"
"New system for clamping the strings, no need for cutting the ball ends."

4. ZR
"Multifunctional trem arm" That's all it says
"Intonation tuning arm" How can you intonate from there???
"Rotating bearing block" I don't know the proper name for this bearing in english, but that's all it says

Not much info - just stating the obvious.
post #65 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 10:32 AM
deleted username

Thanks, Dex!

"multifunctional trem arm". LOL Will it do my laundry too? I guess I could use it to pick up those toxic socks. :-P
The back of that ZR looks like a nightmare.
post #66 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 11:04 AM

If that's the case then "Ibanez are waiting for final approval from endorsees" would have been more appropriate than "have not yet reached final agreements." Anyway, that's just how my silly brain works. Thanks for the clarification.
post #67 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Funny that they would wait for approval from SSV and JS, since they don't even use the LoPro ans FX Edges, we all know their main guitars have Edges.....
post #68 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 11:34 AM
dex

Between me and bablefish most people got the wrong idea.

I'm really no good when it comes to translating stuff.
I understand but can't seem to come out with the same meaning when I translate.
You are spot on though

"Ibanez are waiting for final approval from endorsees (Steve, Joe) and therefore can not confirm what trems will be installed on signature guitars"

is all it says.
But in the russian there is not even a hint of problems or anything like that. It just says "They are yet to tell us what they think and what they want to do".

On the other hand it doesn't look like they (Steve and Joe) are going to have much of a choice as the original EDGE and lo-pro EDGE are not going to be used at all anymore.
See what happens
I posted on the vai.com thread in the Players, Personalities....... asking Antony and Mike to snoop around and tell us whether Steve has a prototype and if he does, what does he think of it.
Keep your fingers crossed.
post #69 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 01:39 PM

Quote:
"multifunctional trem arm".
Maybe it's like the trem arm on the Steinberger, where you can lock it in place just by swinging the bar to a certain position. (Didn't old Wilkenson trems have a similar feature?)
post #70 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 01:45 PM

[quote="bduersch"]
Quote:
"multifunctional trem arm".
Maybe it adjusts the pitch both up AND down? I think that all of my LoPro and Edge equipped guitars have multifunctional trem arms. LOL
post #71 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 02:06 PM

The reason why Vai and Satch and the other artists with signature guitars that have a locking bridge are gonna have to take a look at the new bridge is to see what they want to do with their current signature models (You know, the JEM? Ring a bell?). Yes, we may be forced to live with the new bridge for better or for worse (hopefully, a lot better) if we want new JEMs.
post #72 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 02:18 PM
dex

Quote:
The back of that ZR looks like a nightmare.
Maybe it swivels back and forth on separate hinges.
You know like the forward motion moves the whole unit but the backwards motion only moves a part of the bridge or vice versa.
It does look very complicated and has 2 separate sets of springs that are hooked up to separate parts, one of which looks a lot like a pole/hinge to me.
Unfortunatelly NAMM will be the first place some of us are going to see these things in person (not me, I live thousands of miles away from CA).
post #73 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 11:11 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
I edited in a summary post on the first topic. also i moved the photos local to avoid bandwidth theft from that ibz site. i'll update it as info arrives. lets see how long until ibz makes them "pull" those pages ...glen
post #74 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 06:35 AM

is it just me or has anyone else noticed the d-tuner on that new edge??

the 5 saddle locks, and then that thing that looks right technical that drops down....

i didn't read all 3 pages of the thread so excuse me if someone already noticed this.. but its a concern of mine...

if this drops the price in old edges i'll be picking up a few of them
post #75 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 08:09 AM

Are you seeing something we're not? I don't see anything on any of the new trems that looks like a drop-tuner.

Tags
allen wrench , allen wrenches , arm holder , base plate , basswood guitar , basswood guitars , bridge pickup , bridge position , custom shop , darren wilson , dimarzio evo , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , edge bridge , edge pro trem , edge pros , edge trem , edge trems , electric guitar , equipped guitar , eric johnson , fixed bridge , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , fretboard radius , hoshino usa , ibanez catalog , ibanez dealer , ibanez edge pro , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , ibanez trem , ibanez tremolo , intonation tool , jackson custom shop , joe satriani , korean guitar , locking bridge , locking nut , locking nuts , locking stud , locking studs , locking trems , locking tuners , music store , neck shim , nut height , pickup cavity , piezo bridge , powersound pickups , prestige necks , pro edge , retainer bar , signature guitar , steve vai , trem arm , trem arms , trem setter , tremolo system , trs trems , wound strings , zero resistance trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode