New Ibanez trems 2004 - new Edge and ZeroResistance - Page 6 - Jemsite
Jemsite Featured News Featured news & threads that appear on the frontpage of jemsite.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLuX
is it just me or has anyone else noticed the d-tuner on that new edge??

the 5 saddle locks, and then that thing that looks right technical that drops down....

i didn't read all 3 pages of the thread so excuse me if someone already noticed this.. but its a concern of mine...

if this drops the price in old edges i'll be picking up a few of them
Are you talking about the cutaway view of the Edge? That pic has only 5 saddle locks so that you can see the inner design of the bridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 12:22 PM

The ZR looks like the same basic idea as the old Bigsby trems. Maybe it's more suited to minor tremolo effects and not the over the top Vai thing. That would work for some people.
post #78 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotti
The ZR looks like the same basic idea as the old Bigsby trems. Maybe it's more suited to minor tremolo effects and not the over the top Vai thing. That would work for some people.
I think that's oversimplifying it a bit. Bigsby tremolo tailpieces do some minor tension modulation behind a fixed bridge. The ZR is virtually nothing like that.

The ZeroRocker looks like a Floyd-type design that uses bearings rather than knife edges at the pivot point. If they use decent-quality bearings, it should work very smoothly, and judging by the spring setup, it looks like Ibanez has really done their homework on it, so it should return to pitch much better than Kahler's old bearing designs, or some of the Steinberger trems.

It'll be interesting to put it through its paces.
post #79 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 07:06 AM

YES!!! FINALLY AN AMAZING TREM TO REPLACE THAT POS TRS!!! i cant wait!!! i hope they have it in the crome i need to replace my trs on my 555 yuck i hate that thing so much time put into setting it up and it messes up in a week ~ugh. anywho this is awsome news. i was going to get a OFL but now i think ill wait it out a bit. a late christmas present if you will. hope we can get some pics soon.

~k
post #80 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Bigsby tremolo tailpieces do some minor tension modulation behind a fixed bridge. The ZR is virtually nothing like that
Other than the fixed bridge part I think it will work the same way.
post #81 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotti
Quote:
Bigsby tremolo tailpieces do some minor tension modulation behind a fixed bridge. The ZR is virtually nothing like that
Other than the fixed bridge part I think it will work the same way.
Well, until we can actually play one, anything we say is just pure speculation.

From the photos we've seen, i'm pretty sure the only thing the ZR has in common with a Bigsby is that they pivot on some kind of bearing system. (Do Bigsbys even have bearings? I've never really looked at one closely.)

The ZR looks more Floyd than a Bigsby... essentially a Floyd with bearings instead of knife edges. A Bigsby is completely different from a mechanical standpoint.
post #82 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 06:44 PM

I don't know if a Bigsby has bearings. They actually work really well. I had one on a '61 Gibson ES335. The ZR didn't seem to have the pivot point way up front like a knife edge. It seemed to be more under the bridge area. We'll have to wait and see I guess. Any idea on ETA for these?
post #83 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 01:52 PM
jpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
All Japanese-made Ibanezes will be Prestiges? If that's true, i'm guessing a LOT more models will be made in Korea, which is probably not all that bad, if they start using the older Edge designs on Korean models.
Actually I compared my RG570 to a limited edition Korean made SA360 and the finish of my RG570 was far more superior than on the SA360.
post #84 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-08-2002, 06:53 PM

I've got a bigsby on my SG, and it has bearings. Every trem has its advantages, and from what I have noticed the bigsby is much smoother than any trem I have played. The bigsby also has the trem arm attached to the fulcrum of the the trem. Where as most other trems are offset from the fulcrum. I feel that it gives me a little better control of the trem.. who knows though, it's just a preference.
post #85 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-10-2002, 02:03 AM

The only thing i'd like to see differently, if they introduce a new trem? route them all for the "U-bar," for easier lefty-righty compatability. I'm a righty, but i'm sure our lefty bretheren would be elated...

-Drew
post #86 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 04:52 AM

new trems

Well, it seems pretty obvious to me. You can't sell what everyone already has.

I'm glad to see the floyd finally evolving a bit. Everyone knows what happens to species that don't continue to adapt to their environment...
post #87 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-11-2002, 05:01 AM

[quote="Kevan"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman219

, the joe Of satriani and so forth.)
Reminds me of the Bugs Bunny cartoon that parodies A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. "Satchmo of Armstrong..."
post #88 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 03:52 AM

....Do we need new models?
I've had lots and lots of edges
and problems have never occured.

why improve a classic?
post #89 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 09:21 AM

Floyd Rose information

Look at the floyd rose site http://www.floydrose.com

They have a demo of the speedloader in action and a picture of a new Jackson - it has NO tuners on the headstock

http://www.floydrose.com/news_article_01.htm
post #90 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 12:10 PM

So the new Edges are gonna be on high end or midrange guitars?? I'd like to see a gold one so I can put it on my JEM.

Tags
allen wrench , allen wrenches , arm holder , base plate , basswood guitar , basswood guitars , bridge pickup , bridge position , custom shop , darren wilson , dimarzio evo , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , edge bridge , edge pro trem , edge pros , edge trem , edge trems , electric guitar , equipped guitar , eric johnson , fixed bridge , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , fretboard radius , hoshino usa , ibanez catalog , ibanez dealer , ibanez edge pro , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , ibanez trem , ibanez tremolo , intonation tool , jackson custom shop , joe satriani , korean guitar , locking bridge , locking nut , locking nuts , locking stud , locking studs , locking trems , locking tuners , music store , neck shim , nut height , pickup cavity , piezo bridge , powersound pickups , prestige necks , pro edge , retainer bar , signature guitar , steve vai , trem arm , trem arms , trem setter , tremolo system , trs trems , wound strings , zero resistance trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode