A new look - Jemsite
Jemsite Featured News Featured news & threads that appear on the frontpage of jemsite.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2015, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Developer

A new look

Jemsite was created by very passionate people and has become the top Ibanez forum because of the amazing members who contribute to this great community.

Starting on July 25 we will be posting weekly polls to get an idea of what the community members want to see in the upcoming months. If you have any suggestions please, feel free to private message me or post a response in this thread. In early August you can expect to see (and feel) a new theme, faster browsing speeds and other various performance based upgrades.

Please note that during system upgrades there may be periods of downtime, if this is the case you will receive a notice as to when it may happen.

Thank you (the community) for making Jemsite what it is today!

Last edited by Verus; 07-21-2015 at 08:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 09:14 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: A new look

DUDE!!!

Whan did you become a developer? That's AWESOME!!

I hope you still have time to hang out with us lowly "Users"...LOL. Your a good guy to talk to man. One more reason Jemsite is the great place it is....

As for suggestions.......more/better emoticons and

VIDEO EMBEDDING would be awesome!!!

A "like" and a "Thanks" button should be mandatory as well.....we really need them.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 09:20 PM
Vendor

You used to be able to click on a user name in a thread and it would give you a drop down menu of all available options for that user, send PM, send email, go to their webpage, etc, etc. It was much easier system, I'd love to see it back.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 02:52 AM

I'd like to see the mobile site reworked to make it easier to read... but as usual, I'm off topic.
I agree with Rich; the drop down menu was a great feature.
Made PMing and email much easier.
'Like' and 'thanks', I second that as well.
An easier way to know when friends are online would be nice.
And I know this may be beyond the scope of the site setup; but instant messaging, similar to what they have on F-Book would be wonderful.
Many threads get derailed and go totally off topic when some of us decide it's time to have a 'conversation'.
If IMs were available, those conversations could be taken there and not turn a thread that only needed to be 3 or 4 messages long, into one that's over 50 because two people were having a conversation on it. (Yes, I'm extremely guilty of doing just that, that's what made me think of it. Not that it bothered me to see, but I think it would make for cleaner, 'on-topic' threads.)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

My vote goes to a more flexible text interface, with buttons for bold, italics and such rather than having to code for them.

Smartphones have passed PCs in the Uk as the way of accessing the web, so making the site more mobile/tablet friendly but not the 90s style text only version

When you have the text only version, I feel you lose a lot of the interactivity of the site. But that might just be dos I'm old

Oh and sticky for this thread...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Developer

Thanks for the valuable additions to the discussion. This project has been delayed but we are currently composing an initial list of fixes and improvements.

RG: Thanks for the kind words! I must say you have always been here to help me and the other members out, I appreciate it.

Thank you Rich, jono, Meechy and RGTFanatic for the suggestions. They are now added to the list!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 03:46 PM

Agree with Ryc here. Need to be able to embed vids.

A rep system is nice but I'd not go for a system that lets
users neg (negative rep) posts. That creates far too much
bickering on forums. An ability to like or thank posts would be
cool.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Vendor

Please get rid of the 10 post before posting pictures rule, all it does is create useless thread spamming.

Last edited by Rich; 08-13-2015 at 03:56 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Please get rid of the 10 post before posting pictures rule, all it does is create useless thread spamming.
Agreed. Lots of necro bumping due to this as well.

How about a minimum forum post limit before you can sell in the Classifieds
as well?? Example 100 forum posts minimum before you can sell in the classifieds
section. Too many new users in the classifieds with zero or next to zero forum
posts and itrader history advertising on here imho. Would make it safer all round.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
My vote goes to a more flexible text interface, with buttons for bold, italics and such rather than having to code for them.

Smartphones have passed PCs in the Uk as the way of accessing the web, so making the site more mobile/tablet friendly but not the 90s style text only version

When you have the text only version, I feel you lose a lot of the interactivity of the site. But that might just be dos I'm old

Oh and sticky for this thread...
WYSIWYG editing; seconded here.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 11:15 PM

Reviews: 1

Allow image embedding in for sale ads.
WYSIWYG 3rd.

...so, what is WYSIWYG, anyway?

KIDDING!

(What you see is what you get)
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 05:19 PM

How about a 50% off coupon on all new JEMs button that we can redeem at Ibanez Rules!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 02:21 PM

Reviews: 10

The Reviews section needs to be fixed - or get rid of if altogether - it doesn't work properly. If you click on a review all it does is list a bunch of stupid blogger sites. Someone should get rid of that tab until it gets fixed. The Reviewers club thing never did work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode