Sony Music CDs w/ DRM infects your PC w/ spyware/malware! (G3 Live in Tokyo) - Page 6 - Jemsite
Jemsite Featured News Featured news & threads that appear on the frontpage of jemsite.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 81 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 09:15 AM

Re: Sony Music CDs w/ DRM infects your PC w/ spyware/malware! (G3 Live in Tokyo)

I'm stunned.

Jaymar, are you for real?

Sony deliberately placed harmful and illegal content on one of their products, which has resulted in many of their paying customers being negatively affected.

How can it possibly be acceptable to penalise the many for the actions of the few?

You justify your stance by claiming that "Sony is playing by the rules, but theives can do whatever they want".

So it's cool if lots of innocent people are needlessly affected, so long as "the theives" are affected too?

It's never good business to **** on your customers. I hope that both Sony and Jaymar learn something from this, but I doubt it will happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 06:08 PM

Re: Sony Music CDs w/ DRM infects your PC w/ spyware/malware! (G3 Live in Tokyo)

Jaymar was just another crappy artist that was told his stuff wasn't selling because of file sharing. Maybe people don't buy CD's as much anymore because they are overpriced and the music isn't worth the money.
post #78 of 81 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 03:21 AM

"No theft, no problem."

If you knew anything about the law you would know that there is such a thing a fair use. Look it up.

My Billy Joel 52nd Street album had it. I had to delete the hard drive to get rid of it. Is it now illegal to rip a CD into Real Player or Itunes?
This world is screwed up. I just bought a house that I will never own. Even after it is paid off and I "own" it, I will have to pay property tax on it until I die. Yeah, those "Buddhist" corporate executives pitch that line that it is all just material and that money grows on trees until it is their material and money. This is just a fight between the rich and the poor. We will lose.

BTW. I consider myself Buddhist and that was not meant as a slight to anyone who is devout.

Last edited by Brando Clean; 09-11-2007 at 03:26 AM.
post #79 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 10:13 AM

thats just crazy i have heard of a lot of work going on to stop copying cds via software but damaging software is new
post #80 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 06:19 PM

It's not new. A Sony CD destroyed my computer years ago before any of us knew what the heck was happening. It prevents you from connecting any drives or transferring any files from your computer. Nasty virus, and they should have gotten in much more trouble for it.
post #81 of 81 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 03:28 AM

i miss china. i don't miss sony

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode