State of the NEW forum - Page 2 - Jemsite
Jemsite Featured News Featured news & threads that appear on the frontpage of jemsite.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 05:13 AM

Re: State of the NEW forum

Glad things are getting back up and running

How do you do smiles now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 06:24 AM

I like the new one much better - just gives it a much fresher and jazzier look all round really. I havent noticed any bugs or anything yet, seems cool!
post #18 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 07:21 AM

Great job getting the new forum up and running. I use vBulletin on a couple of other boards, and i'm starting to like it more than the old phpBB standby.

A couple of questions: Is there a user setting to reduce the font size overall? I find everything is just a little big, especially in the message lists, which makes for more scrolling.

Will and eventually make it into the new system?
post #19 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 07:28 AM

Cool Re: State of the NEW forum

looking good fellas..
post #20 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Re: State of the NEW forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite
getting the board restored is/was priority #1

the small details and ugly graphic fixes will come soon

smilies should be working

i disabled the formatting toolbar, 'cause i'm not into making it too easy to go nutso with text.
I knew that getting it up and running was the main priority and we, the users, should thank all of you for the hard work that went into the new version and getting the old DB restored as much as possible. You guys rock and I for one am very glad you're here, doing the jobs you're doing. I just meant this thread as a bit of help - not critisism.

Keep up the awsome work.

LJ

(For whatever reason only one of the cool shades guys works yet there are 3 shown in the smiley list)
post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 09:15 AM

Great work Glen! Thanks to everyone involved in getting everything back up and running.

jim
post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 10:03 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

i will get more/all the smileys back next week. they are easy to import, just need to organize them.

if you can, post a screnshot in 1024x728 of the board. the fonts are about the same size as phpBB but smaller on the forum lists as the text is not bold. That said with Firefox i set a max/min font size for every page... glen
post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 10:25 AM

Thumbs up Re: State of the NEW forum

Looks ok to me :-)

Rob
post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 10:43 AM

Reviews: 5

Great Job!

I like the new look so far, and it's easy enough to use.

I'm probably in the minority who likes avatars though. They help me remember who people are. I used to frequent a Rush board and there like 30,000 people. Since most people choose some Rush-related nickname, it's hard to remember who is who. So the people on the forum had a really talented member design them icons based on their personality. It was really cool and gave the forum a very unique feel. So here's one vote for avatars.
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite
i will get more/all the smileys back next week. they are easy to import, just need to organize them.

if you can, post a screnshot in 1024x728 of the board. the fonts are about the same size as phpBB but smaller on the forum lists as the text is not bold. That said with Firefox i set a max/min font size for every page... glen
I use Opera and this is how it looks:

New forum:

Old forum:

LJ
post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 11:19 AM

Reviews: 3

The bold text is in your stylesheet, but I don't know how to edit that. Not to familiar with the admin panel on VB.

One suggestion, when you have time... can you make the "Quick Reply" be active by default?
post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 11:23 AM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay ratkowski
The bold text is in your stylesheet, but I don't know how to edit that. Not to familiar with the admin panel on VB.
Thanks Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay ratkowski
One suggestion, when you have time... can you make the "Quick Reply" be active by default?
I can turn on "quick reply" but that defeats the "threaded" feature of the board. Granted i think "threaded" reading is impossible so i'll get that done now... glen
post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 11:54 AM

Just wanted to mention the breadcrumbs for navigation are a very nice addition.

Thanks again.
post #29 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 12:34 PM

Looks good and it's great everything is up and running again. But i do have some difficulties using the search function on vbulltin boards. Don't know why, phpbb didn't cost me any troubles at all.

ie, when i search for "vht and gp3" it says the terms are to short to perform a search. But i can't see how i should search for any topics on this subject?

And some other things: I checked my user profile and found that in the default settings private messaging, pictures, and receive e-mail functions were disabled. Now i don't know much about how forums work and all, but i tought these functions were enabled in the phpbb forum?
post #30 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 12:56 PM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennartengel
Looks good and it's great everything is up and running again. But i do have some difficulties using the search function on vbulltin boards. Don't know why, phpbb didn't cost me any troubles at all.

ie, when i search for "vht and gp3" it says the terms are to short to perform a search. But i can't see how i should search for any topics on this subject?
the phpbb was set to search 3-chars or more... which bloated the database. i added a few exceptions to vB, including vht but I will check into that

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennartengel
And some other things: I checked my user profile and found that in the default settings private messaging, pictures, and receive e-mail functions were disabled. Now i don't know much about how forums work and all, but i tought these functions were enabled in the phpbb forum?
I don't think any import is 100% perfect but this should be fixed now. I need to post a "todo" list for people regarding the CP and other settings to check... glen

Tags
custom shop , locking stud , locking studs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode