Winter NAMM 2004 (official thread) - Page 11 - Jemsite
Jemsite Featured News Featured news & threads that appear on the frontpage of jemsite.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 162 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 07:55 PM

The MH-1000 appears to be listing for about $1200 bones, but ESP is about to post the price list so check with them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 162 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 10:59 PM

I'm interested in the new Schecter C-7 (26.5"-scale)
post #153 of 162 (permalink) Old 02-05-2004, 04:15 PM

Reviews: 1
Did anyone see Vai's Nylon string?!

http://www.vai.com/SightsSounds/namm04/namm_03.html

I like it but not the vine color. I think all pearloid would be nicer.

Bamm
post #154 of 162 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm
Did anyone see Vai's Nylon string?!

http://www.vai.com/SightsSounds/namm04/namm_03.html

I like it but not the vine color. I think all pearloid would be nicer.

Bamm
Actualy i like that orangISH thing
Tubarão
post #155 of 162 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 10:54 PM

Has anyone seen the new schecter semi-hollow guitar? I really like that...
post #156 of 162 (permalink) Old 02-10-2004, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel
Has anyone seen the new schecter semi-hollow guitar? I really like that...
Yea, that's another one I've been ogling That and the one with the piezo bridge.

(my girlfriend's very glad that when I'm drooling over something on the internet, it's usually guitars )
post #157 of 162 (permalink) Old 02-14-2004, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

It looks like Ibanez has started updating their site with the 2004 lineup. There are still a few details missing (colour codes, etc.) and it seems whomever produces the site can't tell the difference between the Prestige SA model and the Andy Timmons signature model.
post #158 of 162 (permalink) Old 02-15-2004, 09:14 AM

i'm falling for a RGT2020SOL - i really like the raw simplicity.
i am going to wait for the EP7 to hit the aftermarket and read the reviews before i consider one new. in the meantime a new Martin 000C16 RGTE Premium is calling my name!
Todd

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #159 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

This is interesting... i'm currently browsing the UK Ibanez site and i'm VERY impressed.

They're much more thorough in their model descriptions (including all colours, neck dimensions and pickup switching options for every model, for example) and the models are ranked properly according to their position in the lineup. (Somebody's configured a really poor database sort on the model numbers for the US site, resulting in the RGT42 at the bottom of the list, with the RGT3020 just above it.)

The UK lineup seems a lot more well-rounded than what we've got in North America. Some notable omissions from the NA line:

- Prestige SZ model
- A third finish option (Blackberry) on the SZ520QM
- A lower-priced Andy Timmons model (AT200) with plain inlays, vintage trem and generic pickups (and they have the correct photo for the AT300 on the UK site)
- An H-H SA model
- A few more quilt-top models (RGT3020QM!)
- The Ergodyne guitar line should be brought over here
post #160 of 162 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 08:32 PM

Freaky, I just looked at it last night after reading in a UK guitar mag that the 555 was made in Japan, which I of course know shouldn't be true, but then I remembered the PGM301 construction was moved from Korea to Japan and I thought I'd just have a look out of curiosity. Of course the site didn't mention country of manufacture. But it's a great, comprehensive site.
post #161 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 06:11 AM

just curious fellas, i've talked to others about meshuggah's 8 string ibanez and the feeling people have is that ibanez will never come out with an 8 string model for the masses, so what do you guys think the chances are?
post #162 of 162 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 08:04 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
slim to none. i can see ibanez dropping all 7-strings before introducing an 8-string, but stranger things have happened... glen

Tags
abalone dots , andy martin , andy timmons , andy timmons model , basswood body , block inlays , brian moore , bridge pickup , chrome hardware , chrome jem , custom shop , darren wilson , dot inlay , dot inlays , double neck , ebmm petrucci , ebony board , ebony boards , electric guitar , ernie ball , expression pedal , expression pedals , fixed bridge , frank gambale , guitar mag , headstock design , humbucking pickup , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , jim dunlop , john petrucci , john petrucci model , korean guitar , les paul , locking bridge , locking stud , locking studs , locking tremolo , locking trems , mahogany body , maple neck , mesa boogie , monkey grip , music store , neck dimensions , neck pickup , neck scale , neck shape , paf joe , paf pro , peavey amp , peavey jsx , petrucci model , pickup switch , pickup switching , piezo bridge , pod pro , power amp , quilted maple , reversed headstock , richie sambora , rosewood fingerboard , signature guitar , signature strat , stephen carpenter , steve vai , sunburst finish , trem guitar , trem studs , tube power amp , vintage trem , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode