Winter NAMM 2004 (official thread) - Page 5 - Jemsite
Jemsite Featured News Featured news & threads that appear on the frontpage of jemsite.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 10:06 PM

Hope you're feeling better Rich, thanks for the pics

jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 10:09 PM
Vendor

Not like I'm back to normal, I never was, but at least the faucet stopped running!!
post #63 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetorian
It IS the USA, a VERY large guitar market, and also where rock started
Urm - I agree about the very large guitar market statement, but NOT the "where rock started" statement.
Then again, depends what u mean about rock. Some people class The Beatles as the start ie electric guitars etc
But then some see the roots going back to Blues, which is American. But grrrrrrr Britain is mainly regarded as "where rock started".

James
post #64 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 11:19 AM
Vendor

Only in Britain, because the rest of the world would atribute it to Chuck Berry
post #65 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 11:39 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Ibanez' lineup in the eyes of the sterotypical "jemsite" SHRED audience would proably be a "letdown" but imho it is one of the stronger lineups since the mid-90s as others have said the diversity is necessary. The days of non-signature "double locking trem" guitars ruling the marketplace is LONG over.

Pre-NAMM Andy Martin (if you read his interview on the frontpage) was pretty excited about the new products: "They have a "TON" of new products for 2004. The competitors should be scared!!!!!!"

Also Matt (from Matt's Music) emailed similar positive reports from NAMM: "Ibanez has 72 new guitar models this year and the stuff looks GREAT."

Ibanez just needs to get it's website updated with the press-releases, photos and new products now ...glen
post #66 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 11:50 AM
Vendor

MOST of the "product" isn't *new*, it was available last year somewhere else
post #67 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 11:55 AM
site founder 0% owner

obviously it's *new* to someone in the USA that wants to purchase with full warranty and not import

but then again, some people get real excited over a red JS1000 with one tweaked pickup to each his own... glen
post #68 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 11:59 AM
Vendor

You have full warranty if you import, in the country you imported it from

No bones about it, new is new, rehash is not new, it's rehash

[kinda like many getting excited over an AR2000 with block inlays, now known as the AR3000, good move, but lets not say it's "new"]
post #69 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 12:01 PM

I just scanned the sig and RG Prestige pages, no time for anything else, but my initial thoughts are positive- it's subtle, but I dig that. The new Vai acosutic is just hot, and at a reasonable pleice, too. And while I'm not huge on mahogany, the RG-2020SOL is just beautiful. Also, i really dig the new JS and I'm glad the 1527 is still in production... the finish options are better than we've seen from Ibanez in a long time, and are equal parts "elegant" and "Contemporary." They've been doing their research... No swirls or anything, but that's kinda a good thing in this market i think, you know...?

-D
post #70 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 12:02 PM

Also, re: the AT- a $1800 list will probably put the street at what, $1200? So, basically ballpark for a good similarly appointed high end strat, maybe a bit more affordable. I think that's a reasonable pricepoint, especially for a sig...

-D
post #71 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 12:08 PM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
You have full warranty if you import, in the country you imported it from
in english, you have NO warranty if you buy a japanese market model in the usa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
No bones about it, new is new, rehash is not new, it's rehash
By your definition every guitar created since the 50s is a "rehash" of a Strat, LesPaul and/or ES335. Or there has been no *new* Jem since the 777 or JS since '90.

Bad argument... glen
post #72 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 12:14 PM
Vendor

Uh, sure you do, you have to SEND IT BACK to Japan.

And yours is a bad argument, not mine. The 2020 and 3020 were both available overseas, rehash, just new to the US. Savy members here would recognize these are NOT *new* models, just rehash. [glad they brought them over though] And they should also be able to recognize most of the rest of these *new* models as the same, available somewhere else, now available here.
post #73 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

The UK will get J-customs for 2004, that was announced in one of the UK guitar mags, but what else we'll get will remain a mystery until who knows when.

I'm really pleased to see the JS1200 getting chrome hardware like a JS should, but I'm just curious if anything has been mentioned about the locking trem studs or not?

I think this years range looks superb,and the really is something for almost anyone. But I am curious if anything has been done to improve the trem situation?

Or am I overreacting still, a year later?
post #74 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 12:22 PM
Vendor

You're not overreacting, Japan is underreacting. The funny thing is the profile of the non-lockers is the best compared to most lockers [except what I can get overseas] so they have fooled some of the endorcers into believing they're better, I was told it's split 50/50, half want the lockers, half want the nons. Go figure.
post #75 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 04:29 PM

Anyone check out the JSX?

Tags
abalone dots , andy martin , andy timmons , andy timmons model , basswood body , block inlays , brian moore , bridge pickup , chrome hardware , chrome jem , custom shop , darren wilson , dot inlay , dot inlays , double neck , ebmm petrucci , ebony board , ebony boards , electric guitar , ernie ball , expression pedal , expression pedals , fixed bridge , frank gambale , guitar mag , headstock design , humbucking pickup , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , jim dunlop , john petrucci , john petrucci model , korean guitar , les paul , locking bridge , locking stud , locking studs , locking tremolo , locking trems , mahogany body , maple neck , mesa boogie , monkey grip , music store , neck dimensions , neck pickup , neck scale , neck shape , paf joe , paf pro , peavey amp , peavey jsx , petrucci model , pickup switch , pickup switching , piezo bridge , pod pro , power amp , quilted maple , reversed headstock , richie sambora , rosewood fingerboard , signature guitar , signature strat , stephen carpenter , steve vai , sunburst finish , trem guitar , trem studs , tube power amp , vintage trem , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode