Winter NAMM 2004 (official thread) - Page 6 - Jemsite
Jemsite Featured News Featured news & threads that appear on the frontpage of jemsite.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Only in Britain, because the rest of the world would atribute it to Chuck Berry
Amen to that Rich!

I think that if I bought a locking-trem Ibanez from anywhere I'd want Rich to set it up. Apparently he must be the only dealer who has figured out this whole locking stud thing. I guess Ibanez will be hearing about it later when the inset holes start oblonging on their "better" non-locking studs. And also, why is the UK getting J-customs and we're not? I guess it is true that the market for non-sig guitars with double locking trems has been over for a while. No popular artist these days would dare to or has the ability to shred or use a trem like they used to . But still, it doesn't mean that the guitarists who are actually GOOD should suffer for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 07:21 PM

What's the availability of the new AT model?

that thing looks soooo cool....esp. the inlays.....though a tad overpriced, imo. Nonetheless I will try to buy one (and hopefully the Artist Prestige as well b4 this year is over)
post #78 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 07:28 PM
Vendor

I don't know why everybody says it's overpriced, remember how expensive the AT100 was? And how HIGH they still sell used?!
post #79 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 08:11 PM

lol....well there were only like 50 AT100s weren't there?

But I will make it my mission to buy this new model.....don't care how high the price tag is going to be...(I'll be willing to take more time to save up for an AT model) hehe
post #80 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 10:07 PM

Reviews: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
Also, re: the AT- a $1800 list will probably put the street at what, $1200? So, basically ballpark for a good similarly appointed high end strat, maybe a bit more affordable. I think that's a reasonable pricepoint, especially for a sig...

-D
reasonable for a gloried SA model? I could get the malmsteen signature strat or an EBMMJPM for that money. Theres no competition there.
post #81 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 10:11 PM

I like how Rich conveniently left out any info on the POS thats right below the 7321 on the RG pages...

post #82 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 10:57 PM
Vendor

That's because it's a GRX

Haven't people been saying for years - "$2400 for a glorified RG?!"? I'll leave it to your imagination to figure out what they're talking about
post #83 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite
obviously it's *new* to someone in the USA that wants to purchase with full warranty and not import
Yeah. To the majority of players, their first exposure to a new instrument is when they see it on the rack in a music store, and to them it's new because they haven't bookmarked ibanez.co.jp.
post #84 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Haven't people been saying for years - "$2400 for a glorified RG?!"? I'll leave it to your imagination to figure out what they're talking about
Yeah, damn Fender Richie Sambora Strats.
post #85 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 08:52 AM

Quote:

last time i checked, I didnt see the AT with an edge pro, monkey grip, or a vine!
post #86 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 10:07 AM

This was sort of a bummer, not near the excitement I was hoping for. Maybe the summer namm will have some cool stuff. Carvin had some coolness simply in the colors from the custom shop. The acknowledgement of the 80's wild colors gets a gentle knod:
http://www.carvin.com/namm2004/image...alic-green.jpg

And this,,, this one makes that little voice in my head scream "gotta have".

http://www.carvin.com/namm2004/image...stom-paint.jpg

~A
post #87 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 11:19 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by btweensunandmoon
Quote:

last time i checked, I didnt see the AT with an edge pro, monkey grip, or a vine!
By spec on the trem of course, but don't tell me the AT inlays are less complicated to produce than the vine is
post #88 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by btweensunandmoon
Quote:

By spec on the trem of course, but don't tell me the AT inlays are less complicated to produce than the vine is
maybe not less complicated but the vine inlay is a pretty special thing....sometimes that alone justifies a higher price. Even if I didnt know the AT wasnt originally supposed to have those inlays, I could have told you that from looking at the instrument. They really dont work with the overall guitar itself. Every other aspect of that guitar is very soft and subtle, from the contours of the S body to the sunburst finish. Then they throw this inlay in there that just announces itself right away with its brashness. Its just too much. Perhaps something a little less and in tune with the overall idea would have worked. To each his own I suppose.
post #89 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 11:55 AM
Vendor

Uh, it's NOT an S, and if you're questioning AT's taste then maybe you should write to him directly. I think it looks great and matches/blends quite well.
post #90 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 12:02 PM

I like the inlay...I complained about the price before I saw pics on Rich's site, with the inlay the $1800 is a bit more justified, but I still think the price should be more in the JS range...I like the AT, but If I had the money, I'd probably be looking into the Prestige SA model rather than the AT.

I think this year's lineup is really good, I like the SAs and I'm happy to see two new SA style guitars, the hardtail PGM is a great addition, and there are some cool Euro RGs available here, oh and the new artcores and the Blue RG2550 look good to me as well...

Tags
abalone dots , andy martin , andy timmons , andy timmons model , basswood body , block inlays , brian moore , bridge pickup , chrome hardware , chrome jem , custom shop , darren wilson , dot inlay , dot inlays , double neck , ebmm petrucci , ebony board , ebony boards , electric guitar , ernie ball , expression pedal , expression pedals , fixed bridge , frank gambale , guitar mag , headstock design , humbucking pickup , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , jim dunlop , john petrucci , john petrucci model , korean guitar , les paul , locking bridge , locking stud , locking studs , locking tremolo , locking trems , mahogany body , maple neck , mesa boogie , monkey grip , music store , neck dimensions , neck pickup , neck scale , neck shape , paf joe , paf pro , peavey amp , peavey jsx , petrucci model , pickup switch , pickup switching , piezo bridge , pod pro , power amp , quilted maple , reversed headstock , richie sambora , rosewood fingerboard , signature guitar , signature strat , stephen carpenter , steve vai , sunburst finish , trem guitar , trem studs , tube power amp , vintage trem , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode