Winter NAMM 2004 (official thread) - Page 7 - Jemsite
Jemsite Featured News Featured news & threads that appear on the frontpage of jemsite.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 01:52 PM

I'm very happy to see a Daron Malakian model guitar. I've allways thought he had realy cool designs on his Iceman models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Suspension: Multiple Users

so when is all this stuff going to be in the stores? and rich did you get a picture of the olp jp?
post #93 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 10:15 PM
EKG

Uploading your OLP JPM pics right now....give me a few minutes....
post #94 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKG
Uploading your OLP JPM pics right now....give me a few minutes....
Sweet, thanks a lot Eddie, I'll be waiting right here...
post #95 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 10:58 PM
EKG

OK, here is a page of pics of various things from NAMM ;-)

Pic file size are large to small, from left to right. Beware if you are a dial-up user

NAMM PICS
post #96 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKG
OK, here is a page of pics of various things from NAMM ;-)

Pic file size are large to small, from left to right. Beware if you are a dial-up user

NAMM PICS
Woohoo!
post #97 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 11:02 PM

Wow, that looks pretty cool! I like that the pickups have visually accurate pole pieces *LOL* Love that OLP double neck too. Does anyone have any idea of the price on that puppy?

Are those Washburn V's a signature model for anyone, or just plain cool?
post #98 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 11:08 PM

Wow, the new OLP looks much better than I expected, I'll be seriously thinking about grabbing one...Good to see Jim Soloway's guitars being exhibited as well...
post #99 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 11:17 PM
Banned

I think the whole line looks great, so many different cool guitars. The RG2570EXVSL is awesome! How about those killer Sharkfin smoked mirror inlays! The Vai EP7 Acoustic is off the hook!!! The colors & hardware colors is lookin mighty classy now days, That Red JS is Killer! The PGM301WH is a cool guitar, beautiful Maple board. The prices on stuff is phenominal when looking at such quality & features.

I to really wished for a new Universe, and a new Jem would be so inspiring also, really hoped for J-Customs. I would like to see many more maple boards again. Im in love-struck with the J-Custom RG8570MTB, sure would like to see that make it's way into the US line up, that thing is outstanding!!! Yet they know more what can sell over here than I do, so it's just my dreams of machines.

Overall, I think the 2004 lineup is very nice, and 2004 is going to be a great year.
post #100 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 03:12 AM

sweeeeeeeeeeet pics! do we have a price on that petrucci model??
post #101 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 04:04 AM

If it's anything like the comparable Sillhouette model, you're looking at between about $600, $650 Aus, unless they charge a bit more because it's a signature.
post #102 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 05:04 AM

okay, so in an odd circumstance, not only did i make it to LA to see soulive/scofield in hollywood, but even made it to NAMM .. i just got back, so i'm really tired ... but

a. here be pics off my friend billy's camera .. we went sat before soulive and some of sunday before driving back to the bay area.

b. played the ep7 .. apparently it's steve's own prototype. it is liiiiiiiiiight and plays like a dream. it isn't a very loud acoustic, but it's bright and resonant. it's also the only acoustic i'd buy and play HAPPILY that isn't a Taylor.

c. played the jsx .. wow. heard other, better players play the jsx .. i think i might have found my new amp.

d. stu's appearence with his new lineup on sunday (jeremy colson - drums, terry .. someone - keys, and lorn leber - guitar .. known to any true vai fan who's read his journals as the dude who eats even yngwie for lunch) .. was .. probably the best and tightest band i've ever heard in my life. i do not exaggerate. i'm gonna write extensively tomorrow on my journal cause i'm too tired right now .. but this merited the mention.

e. saw and otherwise said hi to many musicians that've inspired me greatly.

f. played a lot of guitars, drums, basses and keys - the best of the best.

g. played an olp petrucci. it's a great guitar. there's a picture up there somewhere too.

h. the js1200 is more than just the older candy apple color .. it's really rich.

i. the AT300 is wonderful .. felt right at home in my hands, at least. great feeling neck, and looks pretty nice. felt like a beefier, more raw js.

j. saw rob's band play in the courtyard sat afternoon but couldn't stay owing to the rush of having to get out and drive back to hollywood.

k. i'm all out .. will be detailed tomorrow....

oh.

l. neil's kit. see pictures. i'm still in shock.

peace and much love,

~A
post #103 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 05:33 AM

@Anuj: Great Pics....

Any Info wether there is new stuff by Marshall?????
post #104 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 06:03 AM

the OLP Petrucci model looks a lot better than I expected it would.. might invest in one as a backup for my 7VWH and for taking to band practices. (40mile train journey to band practices weekly, kind of dont enjoy taking my 7VWH all the time it's too expensive!)
post #105 of 162 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the great pics, Eddie and Anuj (and Billy)!

The OLP Petrucci does look really amazing. I have a feeling it'll come in a bit higher than the $199 price tag you see on the OLP Axis and Silhouette models, mainly because of the pickups and hardware... they don't look like your typical off-the-shelf import parts. I'd be surprised if Petrucci let OLP sell this without decent sounding pickups. He seems pretty particular.

Pearl Redburst is beautiful on that guitar... if i were ordering an EBMM Petrucci, that'd be the colour i'd choose.

Regardless, i think that guitar is a winner. I think they're going to sell a LOT of those. The OLP acoustics and that Axis doubleneck are also very cool. They seem to have hit the sweet spot in terms of quality and price. They're not great guitars, but they ARE great guitars for the money, so players have no hesitation about picking one up as a beater or a backup guitar. At their price, they're a no-brainer impulse buy.

Tags
abalone dots , andy martin , andy timmons , andy timmons model , basswood body , block inlays , brian moore , bridge pickup , chrome hardware , chrome jem , custom shop , darren wilson , dot inlay , dot inlays , double neck , ebmm petrucci , ebony board , ebony boards , electric guitar , ernie ball , expression pedal , expression pedals , fixed bridge , frank gambale , guitar mag , headstock design , humbucking pickup , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , jim dunlop , john petrucci , john petrucci model , korean guitar , les paul , locking bridge , locking stud , locking studs , locking tremolo , locking trems , mahogany body , maple neck , mesa boogie , monkey grip , music store , neck dimensions , neck pickup , neck scale , neck shape , paf joe , paf pro , peavey amp , peavey jsx , petrucci model , pickup switch , pickup switching , piezo bridge , pod pro , power amp , quilted maple , reversed headstock , richie sambora , rosewood fingerboard , signature guitar , signature strat , stephen carpenter , steve vai , sunburst finish , trem guitar , trem studs , tube power amp , vintage trem , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode