Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/29-vendors-auction-reseller-talk/)
-   -   Patrick Sims is LGM Guitars now? (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f29/patrick-sims-lgm-guitars-now-107236.html)

thelegacy 11-21-2010 10:28 PM

Patrick Sims is LGM Guitars now?

Is it true that Patrick Sims is now the owner of LGM Guitars? Too bad, I always wanted one until just now.

Rich 11-21-2010 10:30 PM

Re: Patrick Sims is LGM Guitars now?

Evidently, Jeremy said he took the offer just to close the door on that biz. And it wasn't like they were knocking down the door with offers.

thelegacy 11-21-2010 10:56 PM

Sad. Had potential.

thelegacy 11-22-2010 10:46 AM

Ha!!!!! I just got e-mail from Patrick threatening to file a lawsuit against me. Apparently, didn't want anyone to know that he is LGM Guitars. Sounds like most people already knew, they just weren't saying anything about it.

I feel bad for Jeremy. It's kind of like selling your baby to a family of crack heads and hoping that they do a good job of raising it.

Destined to fail. Miserably.

Jack Secret 11-22-2010 11:25 AM

Everyone doesn't know already? He got banned from ss.org back in July because they found out.

CosmicDebris 11-22-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelegacy (Post 1049770)
It's kind of like selling your baby to a family of crack heads and hoping that they do a good job of raising it.

That made me chuckle.

jim777 11-23-2010 12:51 PM

Jeremy gave up guitars because there was more money in painting Harleys - it was a business decision.

Ayrton 11-23-2010 08:38 PM

This is not only old news, but irrelevant news.

The Euphor 11-23-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayrton (Post 1050107)
This is not only old news, but irrelevant news.

Irrelevant? How so? When Gibson buys a new name and force new ways of cutting cost onto that brand, I want to know. Couldn't find a good way to say it, but I'm sure you can figure out what I mean. :) Not saying any Sims LGM will be better or worse compared to the first LGM guitars, but something will for sure be different. As a consumer that is valuable information.

Ayrton 11-24-2010 07:28 AM

Irrelevant because Jeremy was not moving very many guitars, and now that Patrick has the name, there will be even less.

Patrick can't get paint jobs out the door in a timely fashion, much less complete guitars.

Jack Secret 11-24-2010 07:59 AM

Ayrton is right. Seems Patrick was trying to start fresh with a new name but the new name is already tarnished because of his rep.

See Legacy got the full force of the banhammer. I'd say I will miss his postings but I'm not a fan of lying.

jim777 11-24-2010 08:03 AM

I seriously doubt Jeremy ever made 5 Leviathans - it's not like we're tripping over them. The big reason (IMHO) so many people are aware of them in the first place is the amazing job Darren did with the website and the mock-ups.

The Euphor 11-24-2010 11:52 AM

I know one Leviiiathan is in Norway.

Still, if Sims make some, they will not be the originals. If Jeremy really made just a handful, their value will differ from the ones Sims makes (if any).

That said, I think the few with LGM guitars know enough to take care of them. ;)

Rich 11-24-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Secret (Post 1050195)
Ayrton is right. Seems Patrick was trying to start fresh with a new name but the new name is already tarnished because of his rep.

See Legacy got the full force of the banhammer. I'd say I will miss his postings but I'm not a fan of lying.

Chris wrote me the next day to tell me Glen dropped the hammer on him. I'm not sure why, and he was definitely entertaining at times [when he wasn't trying to wind me up!] evidently they had their reasons though.

moebius 11-24-2010 03:24 PM

Yes there were many reasons and we will leave it at that.