Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   All Other Guitars (including Prestige) (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/18-all-other-guitars-including-prestige/)
-   -   Line 6 Variax MODELING GUTIAR!........ (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/line-6-variax-modeling-gutiar-10783.html)

cowcowcow 07-23-2002 08:05 AM

Line 6 Variax MODELING GUTIAR!........

jono 07-23-2002 09:01 AM

I think it'll stay on the shelves in droves. I think guitarists in general have a hard enough time giving up thier tube amps without asking them to give up their fave guitar as well. It's a great idea, but until it comes as an aftermarket mod that I can put on something that's more like a guitar I would play, I won't even be thinking about it.

BrianH 07-23-2002 09:03 AM

Hearing is believing... until then I'll reserve my judgement to, its a nice idea if it works.

Black Napkins 07-23-2002 09:08 AM

It looks like a variation of the VG8/gk2 concept..........cool but i remember when i started to use vg8 i was amazed by the sound and all i can do with it..........but the real problem:if you love guitar like me, it hard to realise that with this system the guitar can be replace with a stringed peace of nothing.

So if you will use this nice thing, call me,then i will buy all your old guitar for a good price :D

grrrpoop 07-23-2002 10:50 AM

I think it has potential as a recording tool, particularly for musicians on a budget.. but that depends on the price when it becomes available :roll:

I can't see it becoming very popular - part of the decision to buy a guitar is based on aesthetics and feel, as well as the pickup response and tone.

You might sound like you're playing a Les Paul, but you'll still be holding a bland light-weight strat-copy.

There's something inherently wrong about it that I can't quite put my finger on..

I guess it'll end up being almost as popular as the rest of their products, and put to the same uses - primarily recording work, with some brave individuals using them live who place convenience over purity of tone.

I'd still love to have a go on one tho :)

Two hands31 07-23-2002 11:33 AM

If it sounds as good as they claim it does, I'd look into it as a goofing around guitar, for writing, recording, whatever, but I doubt I'd take it seriously as an instrument.

iain 07-23-2002 12:35 PM

How can we like it; it doesn't model any Ibanez, let alone a Jem ;).

Jakan555WHT 07-23-2002 01:26 PM

This looks like a guitar without soul and heart to me. Its a shame.

Rich 07-23-2002 01:29 PM

What good is it, they didn't even model 1 Ibanez ;)

Gabe Nickelson 07-23-2002 02:02 PM

I think it's pretty cool for an idea. I'd like to try one out sometime. But come on! How about making an ATTRACTIVE looking guitar to go along with it? Geez that thing is so ugly and bland.

Gabe

Gabe Nickelson 07-23-2002 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grrrpoop
I think it has potential as a recording tool, particularly for musicians on a budget.. but that depends on the price when it becomes available :roll:

It better be cheap! It comes with a gigbag!

Gabe

BrianH 07-23-2002 02:15 PM

For a strictly recording tool... if you want to add some different spice to the rythme tone or the sitar feature... pretty cool... but like anything else that first comes out, it'll probably suck its first run through, but as time goes by, it'll probably get better, and hopefully better looking... and hopefully a JS and Jem replica! :D

somehow I doubt we'll ever see a JS or Jem on it... probably a PRS, Parker etc...

yurich 07-23-2002 02:33 PM

if you can't spell "guitar", just put "geetar" :wink:

jono 07-23-2002 04:18 PM

Thinking into the future though, I can't wait till there's a guiat that you play a CD to and then it hears and automaticaly models the guitar tone ;)

Vai's Big Trouble sound for the rhythm, EVH's Panama for the bridge and Satch's Raspberry Jam sound for the Solo ;)

Drew 07-23-2002 05:46 PM

hmm. May "sound" like your favorite strat, but half the thing you get when you purchase an amazing instrument is the "feel" of the instrument.

Judging from the looks, this will "feel" like crap.

-Drew