Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   All Other Guitars (including Prestige) (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/18-all-other-guitars-including-prestige/)
-   -   custom painted (by me) cavity cover for my project RG (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/custom-painted-me-cavity-cover-my-project-rg-111497.html)

scottop1972 04-26-2011 10:42 PM

custom painted (by me) cavity cover for my project RG

scottop1972 04-26-2011 10:44 PM

Re: custom painted (by me) cavity cover for my project RG

no that is not dust.... it is a glitter effect that i put into the clear coat!

this was a long and expensive project, i bought an airbrush, air compressor (needed a reason to buy one anyway) and alot of different paints searching for the right ones... i still need to wet sand and polish it but it is pretty clear right now!

what do you think????

scottop1972 04-26-2011 10:45 PM

the glitter effect will show better in sunlight, i was taking the pics in my garage at night.... i will try to get some better pics after the whole project is complete.

RichardFX 04-26-2011 11:32 PM

It looks very professional mate, nice job.

Now with all of that equipment, you can open up a guitar custom paint shop :wink:

I've gotta paint my tremolo cavity so came here accidentaly, but nice work mate.

linuxpenguin 04-26-2011 11:40 PM

wow that looks sweet! very very professional! It would have been tragic to have made it upside down/backwards ;)

musikron 04-27-2011 02:07 AM

Wow, you went to all that trouble for a trem cover? I see more painting in your future.

So whats Donate Life anywho? A non-profit you are associated with or something?

VCR 04-27-2011 02:15 AM

Nice

Keep it up.

scottop1972 04-27-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musikron (Post 1089911)
Wow, you went to all that trouble for a trem cover? I see more painting in your future.

So whats Donate Life anywho? A non-profit you are associated with or something?

donate life is the logo for the midwest organ and tissue donation foundation. their logo is on their site. i think it was a national campaign to raise awareness for organ and tissue donation. They even did a spanish one..... Done Vida! More info to follow upon completion of my project.... I am associated with them, but not in a business sense, at least not for the reasons for this project.

i have 2 more cavity covers to complete, each of them very different.

scottop1972 04-27-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardFX (Post 1089846)
It looks very professional mate, nice job.

Now with all of that equipment, you can open up a guitar custom paint shop :wink:

I've gotta paint my tremolo cavity so came here accidentaly, but nice work mate.

now that i have all of the stuff i might venture out and do a few projects for people, especially if it is for a good cause, or lots of cashish....

RichardFX 04-30-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

It would have been tragic to have made it upside down/backwards :wink:
That is something that I would of done.

Quote:

now that i have all of the stuff i might venture out and do a few projects for people, especially if it is for a good cause, or lots of cashish....
Yeah man, I would be registering a business name and number and go into some custom guitar paint jobs as a side job. A lot of people want custom graphics on their guitar, band logos and the like, and end up using stickers which peel and fade over time. I saw this JS1000 model on eBay, where they had airbrushed sonic the hedgehog logos on, then put a coat of clear over the top to seal it in. Not that I like sonic, but it added that personalised touch to a guitar. It would help pay off your gear anyway :wink: