Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Swirly Bird........RG-750

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  pink13 
#1 ·
Just got this one from llvulcanravenll, a really sweet swirled 89' RG-750, loaded with EMGs.......81/X/85. Took it to the studio today and it just slayed, I didn't even take my Charvel 650XL out of it's case.

The back of the neck on this one doesn't have a crapload of gloss on it like alot of the 700 series seem to have. I'm also LOVING having the EMGs in there too. When I restring it, I'll completely remove the pickguard to see if I can fit two 9 volts in there for the 18v mod. I replaced the old battery and it looks real tight, but we'll see.

See less See more
#12 ·
Thanks for all the comments guys. Yeah, the pickguard was definitely masked and dipped a second time, I think. One thing that struck me as peculiar was when I swapped out the battery, I noticed the inside of the cavity was yellow. This guitar was originally 5 alarm red. Is this a common practice with swirls? From everything I've read about them, I got the impression that the body goes into the swirl bucket completely stripped and sanded. It seems that someone painted it yellow, sanded it a bit, and then dipped it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.