Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   All Other Guitars (including Prestige) (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/18-all-other-guitars-including-prestige/)
-   -   Meshuggah guitar photos...anyone got 'em? (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/meshuggah-guitar-photos-anyone-got-em-11928.html)

Jupiter 09-08-2002 01:59 AM

Meshuggah guitar photos...anyone got 'em?

Hey guys!
The old link to those new Meshuggah Nevborn guitars doesn't work anymore, and i need some pictures of them. I'm preparing to modify the body on project: Kermit, and i may chop off that lower horn like the Nevborns have, but i'll need some more pictures to work with. If anybody has them, or has a link to them, or knows where i can get some pics, please post!
Thanks!
%%%ben%%%

Higgs 09-10-2002 02:06 PM

Nevborn

darren wilson 09-10-2002 03:22 PM

:wag:

Niiice!

Both the 7-string and the 8-string look awesome. Interesting design choice to fit them with a zero fret.

Tsorovan 09-10-2002 06:13 PM

Every guitar should have a zero fret if you ask me :(

Two hands31 09-10-2002 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren wilson
:wag:

Niiice!

Both the 7-string and the 8-string look awesome. Interesting design choice to fit them with a zero fret.

Very.

caprile 09-10-2002 06:51 PM

mmmmm I'll be the first (and possibly only) to disagree. I don't like 'em at all. They look just like ugly basses.

btw...it's the pic or the truss rod bolt is HUGE?

Jupiter 09-11-2002 04:06 AM

Awesome ! Thanks a million.
Tsorovan, i'll have to agree with you... all guitars should have zero frets... i mean, it just makes more sense.
Thanks again!
(((Ben)))
( p.s. Don't forget to light a candle, drive with your headlights on, and wear red white and blue on Wednesday. Let's show some honor for all of the innocents that were lost in the senseless atrocity that occured one year ago )

Tsorovan 09-11-2002 11:55 AM

Also, please don't forget what happened this very day 29 years ago; Pinochet's military coup in Chile, supported by the US administration.

Higgs 09-13-2002 01:32 AM

Nevborn

Here's a newer scan for you from October's Guitar World. These are the two 7-strings they've been using for Ozzfest this summer.

http://jemsiteforum.com/sharefiles/d.../Nevborn_3.jpg

They've apparently ditched the zero frets. It sure looks like Thordendal's guitar is the same one that Marten had in those other three pics, but retrofitted with a lo-pro edge & locking nut. (You can see that same fat truss rod bolt that caprile spotted in the actual pic.)

403 09-20-2002 10:41 AM

tell me, that 8th string, it wouldn't be lower G? 8O 8O 8O

if so that string has a brown note for sure, being that deep :D :D

smorg007 09-20-2002 01:01 PM

and who do you suppose is making the pickups for these 8 strings? that cant be cheap! anyone know the brand/model of what they are using?

rlintz 09-20-2002 03:04 PM

The new issue Guitar One has a story on Meshuggah and some pics of their 7-string Nevborn guitars.

Two hands31 09-20-2002 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 403
tell me, that 8th string, it wouldn't be lower G? 8O 8O 8O

if so that string has a brown note for sure, being that deep :D :D

I believe they tune it to F. :D

Some songs they added an octaved low-B (yes, the same as the 5-string basses lowest string) below their standard 7-string tuning.

Higgs 09-20-2002 03:50 PM

Is that the November edition of Guitar One? Man, I need to get down to Barnes and Noble ASAP.

Tsorovan 09-20-2002 06:11 PM

For some songs they have them tuned in E, which to me, suggests that they always have it tuned that way (except when they play Spasm which is in Bb). Doesn't make much sense for them to only downtune a half step for half of the songs.