Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   All Other Guitars (including Prestige) (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/18-all-other-guitars-including-prestige/)
-   -   New signatures for Ibanez (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/new-signatures-ibanez-12007.html)

Chud 09-10-2002 12:21 PM

New signatures for Ibanez

I hope im putting this in the correct place!

I think that Ibanez should start briging new signatures out for new guitar players. Alot of people like Staind and they have sold alot of records so i think that they should make a signature for him. Also if Dino (Fear Factory) should of HAD a signature. The odwnside is they just split so now i'll have to get a custom made guitar. basically a universe 777P without the middle pickup or scratchplate. (like Dino's) If Wes Borland still used Ibanez, I would like to see a signature from Ibanez for him. That would be strange. As i've said before, He stopped using Ibanez (i think) because the guitars he had (Sabre7, AX5, AX7721, UV7BK customized e.g. burnt body paint, painted pickups.) He never got any real to TOTALLY customized guitars (like the K-7s with K7 inlays, glow dots etc.)

What do you guys think should be a new Signature or a new model for other peoples signatures? :?:

Chud 09-10-2002 12:29 PM

by the way.......id also like to see some Universe reissues.
UV7BK (with the option of green priamids)
UV7PWH
UV77MC (although that would take the fun out of traking 1 down! so maby not!)

darren wilson 09-10-2002 12:30 PM

Mike Mushok from Staind doesn't use 7-strings. He uses extra-long scale 6-strings, and lots of us have already mentioned how much we'd love to see that as a production model.

Wes Borland used Ibanez guitars because he was dirt poor they gave him free guitars after the guys from Korn hooked him up. He has regularly said he wanted to become a better player with a 6-string.

Personally, i don't think Ibanez needs more signature models, and especially not ones that are just tweaked variants of the RG line. What they need is just more variety in the lineup, or some kind of basic build-to-order system for us regular folk. Not quite a custom shop, but a few options that could be assembled fairly easily would be nice.

MidnightFlamed 09-10-2002 12:48 PM

At the least it'd be nice if Ibanez would increase the finishes they offer for their guitars. Companies like Jackson, for instance, are much more flexible on that.

dcord 09-10-2002 07:34 PM

As a rule, I don't play signature guitars. So Ibanez offering more guitars just the way womeone else wants them will not change my buying habits one bit.

Personally, I'd prefer more choices. Color choices have been rather poor of late, and I'd really like to see a few more RGs with bound necks and NO sharktoof inlays.

Reachwind 09-10-2002 07:49 PM

I'd like to see a dramatic improvement in the base model (cheapy) sig guitars. First and foremost I'd like to see a hard tail PGM again as well as the total elimination of the TRS and TRS II from all sig models.

Chud 09-11-2002 01:39 PM

Id want to see this:
Basswood body w/ white binding around body, neck and headstock.
Dimarzio Blaze Hums in a 3-way selector,
Wizard 7 neck with stripe
Ebony 'board with NO inlays
Lo-Pro Edge tremolo in power cosmo
:D :D :D I love the sound of this and I recon it should be called the
RG777 :!:

Chud 09-11-2002 02:04 PM

by the way i know that Mike Mushok uses baritones ( ithink its 20.7'' necks or 18.7'') and id like to see a production made of his guitar, it would make me go strait out and buy it ( cause im a born 7 stringer!....well my 1st REAL guitar was) but i like the look of those mahogany bodys. Thats a point :D why dont ibanez make a 7-string that has the same shape as those baritones Mike uses, they would look great. I dont know about the S7420 but id like to see one in an oil finish

by the way how much would a 2nd hand s7420 cost dont every1 start sending me messages saying how much...if theres one message just leave it at that :!: :!:

Two hands31 09-11-2002 04:36 PM

Standard Scale (Ibanez) = 25.5"

Mike Mushok's baritones = 28"

darren wilson 09-11-2002 04:44 PM

Didn't i read somewhere that Mushok also has a custom shop guitar that uses a 31" scale?

Two hands31 09-11-2002 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren wilson
Didn't i read somewhere that Mushok also has a custom shop guitar that uses a 31" scale?

Probably :lol:

darren wilson 09-11-2002 05:19 PM

Here's where i read it.

Polaris20 09-11-2002 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren wilson
Mike Mushok from Staind doesn't use 7-strings. He uses extra-long scale 6-strings, and lots of us have already mentioned how much we'd love to see that as a production model.

Wes Borland used Ibanez guitars because he was dirt poor they gave him free guitars after the guys from Korn hooked him up. He has regularly said he wanted to become a better player with a 6-string.

Personally, i don't think Ibanez needs more signature models, and especially not ones that are just tweaked variants of the RG line. What they need is just more variety in the lineup, or some kind of basic build-to-order system for us regular folk. Not quite a custom shop, but a few options that could be assembled fairly easily would be nice.

I think a Carvin-style way of having a custom shop would rock. I'd be the first inline.

Chud 09-12-2002 12:17 PM

Yeah soz i forgot about normal necks being 25.5 :oops: DUH!
Having a mike mushok would be great but if it came out how much would it cost? :idea: I think it would be about 900 or mabey 1000 but around that price prob. Can anyone alse think of good signatures or mabey having new paint jobs to models?

Chud 09-12-2002 12:42 PM

If Ibanez opened up a custom shop to the public alot of people would strait away start buying custom shop guitars and all the production shop guitars would go down in profit for Ibanez, so thats prob why they havent done custom shops to the public.

P.S i'd buy a custom shops strait away! 8)