Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/15-ibanez-jem-uv-js-other-signature-models/)
-   -   The agony of the wait for a swirl (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f15/agony-wait-swirl-12508.html)

AlexBHome 09-30-2002 07:18 PM

The agony of the wait for a swirl

VBK went off to Herc last Thursday, it should arrive to him this Wednesday, and hopefully 3 weeks later will return as a 77GMC replica.

Anyone else ship their guitar off to Herc or Darren and feel like going nuts until it comes back? Its been less than a week and it'll be close to November when it returns and my blood is BOILING in anticipation!

<end of rant>

:twisted:

-Alex

PS: Saw yer abalone project on Herc's site, Glen... that take awhile? Gorgeous...

sniperfrommars1 09-30-2002 08:17 PM

I would love to do that. Does anyone know if pyramid inlays require a refret or not? Ive got an idea for a swirl myself Im interested in doing.

armdias 09-30-2002 09:53 PM

I've never send a guitar to swirl. But i remember the days before i got my PMC. I only had a tiny pic of it, and i coulnd't wairt the day i could touch it ans see it with my eyes. Fortunately, it was a beutifiull guitar and i'm love with her! :) You will feel the same when you see the swirled GMC in your hands. I can tell you, it's worth thw wait. :)

Scott 74 09-30-2002 10:38 PM

You'll survive...................hopefully :P seriously though don't let it get to you. It will be well worth it once it arrives. Just find a book or game to occupy your time that should help.

Jeff 09-30-2002 11:01 PM

Maybe a book, but not a game.

When guitar comes, its stays in the box, and your new favorite toy is the game :P

vaijem777 09-30-2002 11:28 PM

I finally recieved my DNA swirled canvas from Darren at ATD after only 18 months. Definitely a ridiculous ammount of time to wait for something, but...definitely worth it! :) I guess art takes time (though for some reason, mine just took longer than most!)

ZakkWylde470 10-01-2002 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sniperfrommars1
I would love to do that. Does anyone know if pyramid inlays require a refret or not? Ive got an idea for a swirl myself Im interested in doing.

I emailed they guys @ LGM Guitars about getting chrome pyramids on my Jem7DBK, and he said it would most likely need a refret. It's also gonna cost about $405, but if I can get the cash together, it'll be well worth it.

sniperfrommars1 10-01-2002 01:03 AM

Most likely as in he has to check when its there or what?

EKG 10-01-2002 09:54 AM

Herc, Darren and LGM are all very busy people.

I sent a few items to Herc, including my bike frames, and don't be surprised if the quoted time frame comes and goes. That is not a bad thing. My stuff usually takes longer, BUT I am very critical as to what I want. Every item I have had done has been done how I asked for it and is a true work of art. My advice is be patient (I know it's tough :wink: ) and it will definetly be worth the wait!

Haven't sent anything to Darren yet, but from what I understand, his workload is insane!

LGM is THE guy for inlays and he recommends to always refret while getting inlayed (jump on this Rich :wink: ). One of the reasons is to insure a perfectly radiused fretboard.

One thing I know about each one of these guys is none of them will let a project be sent back to you unless they are happy with their own work :wink:

ZakkWylde470 10-01-2002 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sniperfrommars1
Most likely as in he has to check when its there or what?

Re-read the email, $450 for chrome pyramids including a refret.

littlegreenman 10-01-2002 03:10 PM

I always do a refret with any large inlay like that. It's almost required when levelling the inlays to maintain an accurate radius on the fretboard. It's just the way I'm most comfortable doing things. I believe it to be a far more accurate way to maintain the radius, it does add to the cost, but an extra $125 for new frets, I think is worth it.

Erik-E 10-01-2002 05:29 PM

Are you guys (LGM, Herc) doing this for a living? If so, pretty sweet job you got then :lol:

AlexBHome 10-01-2002 07:28 PM

Thanks a lot for the advice gentlemen!

"Jade", when she returns, may feel like a toy, but she won't be. I'll be playing the hell out of her daily and then not only uling pics but hopefully a song as well (don't worry, a halfway decent one.. been writing for 15 years). :)

I guess if its Thanksgiving and I haven't got it back I should be worried though eh? :lol:

Much obliged! I shall wait with patience as best I can.

-Alex

jaymond 10-13-2002 05:37 PM

I'm hopefully getting my RG7621 swirled next year.... Anyone here know how long it'll be away, bearing in mind it'll be going from the U.K? It's my spare guiter, so I whatever happens, I guess I'll have to buy a Spare Spare till it gets back!!!!!!! :roll: