Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   All Other Guitars (including Prestige) (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/18-all-other-guitars-including-prestige/)
-   -   Custom Jem by ET Guitars (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/custom-jem-et-guitars-125556.html)

Sean777 01-31-2013 02:29 AM

Custom Jem by ET Guitars
 
So,

Sunday im sitting in front of the TV thinking how a custom guitar might be nice and here I am a few days later with a build on the way.....

Its pretty exciting and scary at the same time..... so far this week I have sent $1700 in various directions via Paypal for pickups, trem, body and neck to be built etc.... with none of this planned or savings set aside.... a fully impulse event paid for by Mr Visa :)

Ive never spent money like this before on an item that cant be seen, its purely in my head but the idea of seeing it in the flesh will eventually make the spend worth it I hope....

Heres what Im getting....

From Rich Harris I have ordered a Lo-Pro Edge Trem, Nut and Tuners in black....
Green Dimarzio Breeds and HS-2 pickups...
and ET Guitars is building me a front route Jem,P&W swirl finish, clear pick guard, AANJ, Ebony 3 piece neck with pyramid inlays

Here in NZ we dont get many Jems or Universes let alone swirl finishes so this is pretty exciting for me....

I hope its all worth emptying my credit card for!..... More info as I get it.....

DaylightDies 01-31-2013 02:39 AM

Re: Custom Jem by ET Guitars
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean777 (Post 1222314)
So,

Sunday im sitting in front of the TV thinking how a custom guitar might be nice and here I am a few days later with a build on the way.....

Its pretty exciting and scary at the same time..... so far this week I have sent $1700 in various directions via Paypal for pickups, trem, body and neck to be built etc.... with none of this planned or savings set aside.... a fully impulse event paid for by Mr Visa :)

Ive never spent money like this before on an item that cant be seen, its purely in my head but the idea of seeing it in the flesh will eventually make the spend worth it I hope....

Heres what Im getting....

From Rich Harris I have ordered a Lo-Pro Edge Trem, Nut and Tuners in black....
Green Dimarzio Breeds and HS-2 pickups...
and ET Guitars is building me a front route Jem,P&W swirl finish, clear pick guard, AANJ, Ebony 3 piece neck with pyramid inlays

Here in NZ we dont get many Jems or Universes let alone swirl finishes so this is pretty exciting for me....

I hope its all worth emptying my credit card for!..... More info as I get it.....

Good luck man! Seems like you're dealing with some reputable people, so hopefully it translates to your grail guitar in the end. You only live once, right?!

Pictures must be had for sure!

Sean777 01-31-2013 02:42 AM

Re: Custom Jem by ET Guitars
 
Cheers!... been reading up about where to buy and where not too and since im in NZ and ET Guitars is nice and close and does great work, and Rich, well we all know that he is the Ibanez Master!

dratsum 01-31-2013 03:41 AM

Re: Custom Jem by ET Guitars
 
Hey. It's awesome that you're building such an iconic guitar. Couldn't help noticing though, you said you're getting a front route body with a clear pick guard. Did you mean rear route? Clear pick guards usually go with rear routes.

Sean777 01-31-2013 03:46 AM

Re: Custom Jem by ET Guitars
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dratsum (Post 1222324)
Hey. It's awesome that you're building such an iconic guitar. Couldn't help noticing though, you said you're getting a front route body with a clear pick guard. Did you mean rear route? Clear pick guards usually go with rear routes.

Sorry, yip your right...... rear route..... yeah basically the Universe Swirl look on a Jem body.....

ironfistx 01-31-2013 08:41 PM

Re: Custom Jem by ET Guitars
 
Whoa, Tolkki playing a Tele!

andrewsfury 01-31-2013 08:53 PM

Re: Custom Jem by ET Guitars
 
whos swirling it actually? fede

Sean777 01-31-2013 09:48 PM

Re: Custom Jem by ET Guitars
 
Erne from ET iGuitars swirling it......

andrewsfury 01-31-2013 10:03 PM

Re: Custom Jem by ET Guitars
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean777 (Post 1222456)
Erne from ET iGuitars swirling it......

cool. i havn't seen much of his swirls.

Sean777 01-31-2013 10:04 PM

Re: Custom Jem by ET Guitars
 
me either really... just whats on his website.....

Buckshot 01-31-2013 11:51 PM

Re: Custom Jem by ET Guitars
 
I got a swirl from Ernie a year or so ago.

You can see the thread on my build here.

Sean777 02-01-2013 12:20 AM

Re: Custom Jem by ET Guitars
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckshot (Post 1222468)
I got a swirl from Ernie a year or so ago.

You can see the thread on my build here.

Awesome swirl mate!.. couple of Q's... how long did it take once Ernie had the guitar? and is the deal stuck on or clear-coated over?

Buckshot 02-01-2013 01:25 AM

Re: Custom Jem by ET Guitars
 
Ernie had the guitar for around 6 months as he was quite busy with other projects at the time. I got the decal from bestdecals.com and posted it down to him. He stuck it on the headstock and then clear coated over it.

Be patient and take your time. You can't do these projects in a rush.

wilch 02-01-2013 02:04 AM

Re: Custom Jem by ET Guitars
 
Congrats man. Can't wait to see it all together.

I had a full custom 7 string built by Ernie last year. It's currently my favourite guitar. It just feels "right".


quick ques, are you going to assemble it, or is Ernie?

Sean777 02-01-2013 03:22 AM

Re: Custom Jem by ET Guitars
 
I was gonna assemble myself, but, even tho it works out more expensive, Ernie has ordered pickups etc and ill get him to do the full assembly.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) jemsite.com

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome