Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   Off-topic / Miscellaneous (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/13-off-topic-miscellaneous/)
-   -   Okay... new members: Locations please! (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f13/okay-new-members-locations-please-15477.html)

Fabe 01-09-2003 04:28 AM

Okay... new members: Locations please!

Okay, I know I'm not a moderator, but I just noticed that a lot of new members aren't putting their location in their profile.;)

It would help a lot if you did this so we don't have to ask where you live first in order to answer your questions. Plus I think it's interesting where all those new jemsiters live.:)

If I'm out of line here Glen, tell me. I was just getting annoyed by that, sorry... If this topic is in the wrong area please move it, I just figured that a lot come here to the off-topic forum and might see this earlier than when they stumble into the Forum Anouncements forum after a couple of months...

Okay, sorry,

Fabe ;)

Texter 01-09-2003 05:54 AM

Yeah I noticed it too...I just get the feeling there's something's missing when I read the name of the poster, you know...

jono 01-09-2003 06:24 AM

I agree Fabe, I think it's nice to see where folks are from firstly to build a senseof a real community and secondly to make sure that answers to any questions can be tailored to the correct geographical region.

I can walk into almost any Ibanez dealer and find a BTB JS1000, whereas folks in the USA have to custom order it, or grab one from Rich. Mesa Boogie amps cost at least twice over here what they do in the States.

So for now I've made this a "sticky" and I hope if you newcomers see this, you'll add your locations to your profiles :D

Oh, and make them your real world location, not a made up humourous comment ;)

littlegreenman 01-09-2003 11:56 AM

email addy's are often appreciated too, ESPECIALLY if you are selling something. I've passed up on items I wanted simply because there was no email addy, if you aren't willing to post your email, you're probably not that willing to sell ;)

Willin 01-13-2003 08:46 PM

I added my location (Long Island, New York) after reading this thread, just for your information, Fabe. :)

cerealk 01-14-2003 02:19 PM

I am sitting in my room in front of my computer right now. This may change later.

Fabe 01-14-2003 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cerealk
I am sitting in my room in front of my computer right now. This may change later.

LOL!!! :lol:

It does not have to be that exact Simon!

Fabe

Wadstein 01-16-2003 04:01 AM

I added my location aswell... Västerås, Sweden

Reaper 01-16-2003 07:28 AM

Welcome!

Gharedd 02-03-2003 02:17 PM

I am located near Grimsby, north east lincolnshire, England, though I don't post here very often, I thought I'd let you know where I am from. :)

cerealk 02-03-2003 03:45 PM

Quote:

although I have moved I am back now

cusplaya 02-11-2003 01:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:

although I have moved I am back now

BWWaaahhhahahaha!!! Now we have you right where we want you!!!! BWAAhhahahahahaha!!!

cerealk 02-21-2003 10:15 AM

Just a reminder for everyone

Dont forget to put your location in your profile!

Best wishes

Simon
:D

vaijem777 02-21-2003 12:01 PM

Is my location ok as it is? I don't want to annoy any moderators... ;)

EKG 02-24-2003 12:54 PM

If location is important, is there a way to make it a "required field" in your profile? I was thinking this might make things easier ;-)