Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/27-players-bands-music-sounds-tours-jams-lessons-theory/)
-   -   I'm Back - Sean Bodley - My Music (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f27/im-back-sean-bodley-my-music-166507.html)

Sean777 10-16-2020 05:12 PM

I'm Back - Sean Bodley - My Music

I think ive been missing from this forum for about a year?.... Anyway... Ive been making music etc, so thought id start this thread, post some of my stuff and anyone who is interested can check it out... its all available on Spotify/Apple Music etc... but ill post Youtube link which everyone can check out....

Also I have a new album coming out on Nov 16 - Neon Daydreams, so check that out too!

Heres a track from an album called 'I Am Human" I released last year... has anyone played around with the 'glitching' effect in their recordings?... Its kinda fun... I use it here to an extreme, but its pretty effective!

Enjoy!

Feel free to leave comments, good or bad!

FireEagle 10-29-2020 01:32 PM

Re: I'm Back - Sean Bodley - My Music

I bought the album and like it, however the glitching and more "modern" sound took a bit to get used to. Originally I was much more keen on the traditional tracks later on the album, like Cyber Funk, Faded Angel, More than a Memory, etc... Some of the others grew on me though, like Act of Violence and I Am Human. I love the intro to Act of Violence! I am assuming it was done on a JS with a sustainer, plus a whammy/pitch shifter or something?

I still like the Balance album the best and think you could do a killer smooth jazz album!! ;-) No kidding... \m/

Sean777 10-29-2020 02:37 PM

Cheers!... yeah that album was all JS... I have a new album out on Nov 16 (Spotify/Apple Music), which is more traditional stuff, using more Strats and Teles tho... but I think its my best stuff yet! Neon Daydreams, Nov 16...check it out!

(Act of Violence is actually an auto-tune plug in :) )

Sean777 10-29-2020 02:41 PM

Heres another track, with my friend James Bos on drums....

FireEagle 10-30-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean777 (Post 1555819)
Cheers!... yeah that album was all JS... I have a new album out on Nov 16 (Spotify/Apple Music), which is more traditional stuff, using more Strats and Teles tho... but I think its my best stuff yet! Neon Daydreams, Nov 16...check it out!

I'll definitely be watching for the new album... Thanks for the heads-up!

I can hear the auto-tune now that you say it... I thought it was whammy/pitch shifting.

Chris889 10-30-2020 12:31 PM

This is actually very nice. You did a good job here, mate!
https://www.concretecontractorscolumbia.com Atlanta Graduation Photos

Lucille98 10-30-2020 12:41 PM

Buy Guitar Strings
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean777 (Post 1555819)

Just listened to it. Do you know what I'm thinking? THIS DESERVES A LIMELIGHT! I'm gonna be a subscriber starting right now.

Affordable SEO Services

Sean777 10-30-2020 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucille98 (Post 1555851)
Buy Guitar Strings

Just listened to it. Do you know what I'm thinking? THIS DESERVES A LIMELIGHT! I'm gonna be a subscriber starting right now.

Affordable SEO Services

Thanks, Glad you enjoyed it! 😀

Sean777 10-30-2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris889 (Post 1555849)
This is actually very nice. You did a good job here, mate!
https://www.concretecontractorscolumbia.com Atlanta Graduation Photos

Thanks Chris! I just record for fun, but its always nice knowing others enjoy it! 👍🎸

Sean777 10-30-2020 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireEagle (Post 1555845)
I'll definitely be watching for the new album... Thanks for the heads-up!

I can hear the auto-tune now that you say it... I thought it was whammy/pitch shifting.

I plan to use that effect again, but probably make it a but more obvious...it does make playing pretty interesting!

FireEagle 10-30-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean777 (Post 1555857)
I plan to use that effect again, but probably make it a but more obvious...it does make playing pretty interesting!

Very interesting... in a bag-pipey kind of way. Good on ya, mate, for using the effect that way. Very innovative!

Sean777 11-01-2020 12:45 AM

CYBER FUNK:
Nothing like a little slap bass funk to wake you up...

Sean777 11-03-2020 04:32 AM

Sean777 11-03-2020 05:32 PM

Recorded this morning, track is out on streaming platforms on Nov 16

FireEagle 11-04-2020 11:16 AM

Nice track!! Diggin' it...\m/