Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   All Other Guitars (including Prestige) (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/18-all-other-guitars-including-prestige/)
-   -   The new "LA Custom Shop Designed" Series - whadda ya'll than (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/new-%22la-custom-shop-designed%22-series-whadda-yall-than-1816.html)

Jimi D 02-20-2001 03:00 PM

The new "LA Custom Shop Designed" Series - whadda ya'll than

These links are up in the Other Six String Guitars forum, but seems no one's interested over there. Since they are a sort of "Custom/USA" cross, I thought I'd throw them up here for comment. Personally, I think they're lovely, especially the "psuedo-Petrucci" and the "stop-tail Universe" (see, pet names already :-)

Here ya go:

This is the new RG that looks derived from the JPM...

Here's a "Universe" (or darn close) with a fixed bridge....

...and here's the obligatory S model...

ripl3y 02-20-2001 03:20 PM

The new "LA Custom Shop Designed" Series

Very nice,
I especially like he RG6.

Is it just me but I find the use of duncans and emg's a bit strange considering Ibanez's long history with dimarzio.

Nice axes anyway.

Steve

cmartin 02-20-2001 03:31 PM

It is probably important to note that these are all baritones as well, just in case anyone didn't already notice.

Jimi D 02-20-2001 03:49 PM

oops... good point cmartin! Yes, these are all extra long guitars :)

I imagine a 27" scale is probably even easier to adjust to than an extra string, however :biggrin:

kirk 02-21-2001 10:55 PM

I like the idea, and the look is nice too, but it would be nice if there was more of a color selection. *It would appear that they are only offering red?

Coolstu 02-21-2001 11:08 PM

Why is there such a limited choice of colours?

darren wilson 02-21-2001 11:50 PM

The 6-string is available in red and blue, and the 7-string is available in (you guessed it) black only. All of them are matte paint, not glossy.

Ibanez has put out some really cool colours on their midrange RGs... some of my faves are New Penny and Sour Apple Sparkle. It's a shame to see them falling back on the old "rock guitar" standards of black, red, white, blue and gray/silver.

Todd Crawford 02-22-2001 12:03 AM

Anyone notice that all of the models(even the 2 they introduced a few months back) have ugly ass knobs??

Coolstu 02-22-2001 12:03 AM

The lack of colour option really puts me off. When I bought my RG I had the choice of Black or Black :sarcasm: So I didn't have much choice.
Especially when you pay big bucks for a guitar you really want a colour you like.

30yroldpig 02-22-2001 06:13 PM

Hey Jimi

It's me Pat from Montreal. How are you enjoying the USRG???

Tell me more about your UV that you bought!!!

Jimi D 02-22-2001 11:03 PM

Pat! How are ya, man? Nice to see you here :)

Your beautiful RG went to Kirk - one of our fair moderators (not the Moderator from Hell, the other one) - in one of an elaborate pair of deals that sort of ended up being an indirect trade for his Jem7DBK (which I'm still playing the living crap out of - thanks Kirk!). *Kirk is something of a clearing house for guitars formerly owned by Jemsite regulars, and he passed the guitar on to another Jemsiter in fairly short order, but I don't know who. We'll have to ask, I guess :) It's common knowledge that Scott has it bad for that guitar and would love to get his hands on it, so god only knows where things will go from here. In short, that's one well-travelled instrument :biggrin:

I'm lovin' the whole 7-string thaing with my UV777GR, but I'm thinking of trading it for a '97 UV777PBK. The PBK looks to be in slightly better cosmetic condition, and it's somewhat less garish cosmetics would mean I could actually take it out of the house without fear of some drunk asking me why I'm not wearing my spandex *:-) *I have to spend some time playing the PBK first though, since it was the neck on my GR that really sold me on trying this whole 7-string gig in the first place...

30yroldpig 02-23-2001 11:08 AM

Things are goin awesome!!

I am glad to see that the USRG is travellin more than I am !!! I hope whoever gets it will enjoy it!!!

So I am still lookin for a a 7 string!! I really like the black UV *with white fret markers (I can NEVER remember model names :confused: *) Although many people on this forum seem to disagree :(

This place is great. As you can see I am a newcomer to the forum, lots of valuable info.

Say, I posted a question about Baritone guitars in the 7 string section. Nobody seems to know the answer, or rather the person who knows the answer hasn't replied yet ;). If you know anything about Baritones, would ya mind checkin it out?

Project Guitar 03-22-2001 04:07 PM

Strikes me odd that these are "L.A. Custom shop Designed" Kind of makes me think the only reason other than being close to the record companys so the artists can pop in for their input on customs once they are signed is the marketing and use of " L.A." which does congure up appeal from the masses in Japan and else where.........since California and L.A. do have a sheikness about there names....

Jason Stone 03-22-2001 04:37 PM

Pat and Jimi,

What model USRG are you referring to? *I bought a USRG30TP from Kirk about a month ago. *Is this the one? *Also, who is *Scott? *I have another USRG30 that will be for sale shortly.

Thanks,

Jason

Jimi D 03-22-2001 11:52 PM

Nah, Jason - we're talking about a '91 USA Custom Pat sold me just before Xmas...

That USRG30 is a beaut! I have a USRG10 with the same finish and I love it. Great guitars! :) You can see mine here