Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   All Other Guitars (including Prestige) (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/18-all-other-guitars-including-prestige/)
-   -   ibanez ic.......cool or ugly??? (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/ibanez-ic-cool-ugly-21633.html)

hannibal 08-25-2003 03:40 PM

ibanez ic.......cool or ugly???

so what do you think of the axe that daron malakian use?

vaijem777 08-25-2003 03:43 PM

What's the relevance of asking a question like that? It's almost as pointless as the countless threads asking about what makes a "good" swirl finish.

Ya either like the Iceman or you don't- it's completely irrelevant either way unless YOU are going to buy one. Then only YOUR opinion matters. :)

caprile 08-25-2003 03:48 PM

I'm with Vaijem777...but I think the new IC400 with the set neck and accesible price is semi-objetively a great value.

On a totally personal view...I love Icemans (Icemen?) but maybe more because of Kiss rather than SOAD.

hannibal 08-25-2003 04:10 PM

i know that it wasnt a good question, and for that i apoligize.

I just wondered what you others thought of it, cause all of my other guitar friends thinks its ugly and ****....

i think its a very cool guitar, i have never tried one out though.

If someone of you has, please tell me what its like

stretcher7 08-25-2003 07:13 PM

I always thought they were cool. :)

sam669 08-25-2003 07:38 PM

that explorer-like shape reminds me of hetfield too much, and i cant stand metallica
not objective, but i dont like ic's

Ibanez Junkie 08-27-2003 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam669
that explorer-like shape reminds me of hetfield too much, and i cant stand metallica
not objective, but i dont like ic's

what's wrong with the 'tallica boyz?

vaijem777 08-27-2003 09:54 AM

It doesn't matter what's "wrong" with Metallica- keep this on topic please. :) Ibanez Iceman discussion ONLY!

darren wilson 08-27-2003 10:21 AM

I've never cared for the Iceman at all. They just scream "Paul Stanley" to me, and i've never been a KISS fan at all.

When i was a kid, i really liked the Destroyer series (Def Leppard were the first big rock band that i listened to) and also fell in love with Gibson Explorers. I still think they're great guitars... Korina explorers are just gorgeous. I played pointy guitars for a while when i was a teenager, but ended up wanting something more compact, more balanced, and more versatile.

Pointy guitars aren't really my thing any more, though i do still have a soft spot for Gibson Firebirds. I'd love to build myself a seven-string version of one.

jim777 08-27-2003 12:42 PM

A bandmate of mine had one a long time ago, and I thought it was pretty fugly but it really sounded fantastic. Great warm and big sounds for rhythm and a decent lead sound, too. I don't know how they would be now, but my friend's was not the top of the line model, so I imagine they still sound pretty good. Check one out; I expected to be disappointed but it was a really nice guitar. Pretty decent balance for sitting with also, if I remember correctly.

jim

hannibal 08-30-2003 09:23 AM

paul stanley??? does he use a Iceman?

darren wilson 08-30-2003 10:40 AM

hannibal 08-31-2003 02:09 PM

damn.... did not know that he used an ic...... wow! there comes surprises everyday :D

MehYam 08-31-2003 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren wilson
I've never cared for the Iceman at all. They just scream "Paul Stanley" to me, and i've never been a KISS fan at all.

That's as good a reason as any to not plug one in.

Wait - am I still on topic?

EKG 08-31-2003 11:08 PM

First...KISS RULES!!

And Paul hasn't played them for a while now.

I've always like the iceman.....especially Paul's....Paul GILBERT, that is.

http://www.ekgco.com/images/pgm/pgm600.jpg