Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   All Other Guitars (including Prestige) (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/18-all-other-guitars-including-prestige/)
-   -   Has Ibanez Ever Done a Limited Run of Custom Guitars? (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/has-ibanez-ever-done-limited-run-custom-guitars-22003.html)

mattsmusic 09-09-2003 01:17 AM

Has Ibanez Ever Done a Limited Run of Custom Guitars?

Glen, Rich... Do you guys know if Ibanez has ever done anything like this? The reason I ask is I'm fairly active on the Jackson forum and those guys are in the process of putting together an order for a special edition custom guitar. It's going to be specifically for members of that forum. Jackson will pretty much build whatever those guys want, at prices that are far below the standard custom shop prices. The only catch is they've got to order a minimum number of 10 pieces.

I don't know if Ibanez would ever do this because they're not really a "custom shop" kind of company, might be cool to have a Jemsite special edition guitar if they would though. I'm sure it's been discussed here before, just wondering if it's ever actually been done.

Matt

Rich 09-09-2003 01:25 AM

They'll build any spec you want, you just have to meet minimum order requirements, far north of what Jackson will do [unless you have their attention and they really want to do something for you]. Cudos the the Jackson Forum if they could actually get 10 people to agree on specs and plunk their cash down ;)

jemsite 09-09-2003 01:32 AM

that would be cool, but not likely to replicate jackson's services given their Japan-centric business attitude.

a large guitar chain store like GC could (and has) ordered a custom batch - obviously within limits - but noone has reported the $$$ or ### committment required.

next time you chat w/ your ibz rep why not touch base about this as an authorized dealer :D ...glen

Rich 09-09-2003 01:59 AM

Chesbro wanted a commitment to 75 guitars, kinda puts a damper on things ;)

jemsite 09-09-2003 02:06 AM

ouch. still, if they had any business sense and initiative they could have most of them presold & make a fortune.

nah - easier to toss rg470s on ebay :(

mercjoe 09-09-2003 04:51 AM

Hey..........I'd buy a Jemsite limited run! Let's do it! :D

darren wilson 09-09-2003 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercjoe

Heh. There's no way we'd get 75 people on Jemsite to agree to a model of the same specs unless we got it with no inlay, no pickups and finished in just a primer coat.

Hmm...

Ibateur 09-09-2003 09:51 AM

and priced at 50 bucks.

Schutzfaktor12 09-09-2003 11:26 AM

50 bucks??? Man, Iīll take two, and one for my grandma. Even in just a primer coat :D

cerealk 09-09-2003 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren wilson
Quote:

Originally Posted by mercjoe

Heh. There's no way we'd get 75 people on Jemsite to agree to a model of the same specs unless we got it with no inlay, no pickups and finished in just a primer coat.

Hmm...

We have 5776 registered users

chances are that 75 people could be found for one model and another 75 for another.

Question is whether they would all have the money at the same time for it.

I think a DNA swirled universe or mirror finish jem run might just attract people's attention...

mattsmusic 09-09-2003 12:52 PM

Can't hurt to ask. I just banged out an email to my rep asking him about this. I'll keep you posted.

Matt

darren wilson 09-09-2003 12:56 PM

I'd be more interested in a mahogany JS 7-string with a fixed bridge, piezos and a Sustainer. :D

Shall i start collecting deposits? ;)

jim777 09-09-2003 02:58 PM

How about a guitar exactly like the Jem 10, but with a vwh pickguard?

Who wouldn't opt in for something like that? (said he naively.....)

Plus, it would need to be around April when tax returns start coming in :wink:

jim

EKG 09-09-2003 03:02 PM

I remember Satch doing a tour/clinic thing last year and some limited run JS's were being sold?

Rich 09-09-2003 03:04 PM

I'd hardly call a JS1000WH with an Edge "custom" ;)