Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   All Other Guitars (including Prestige) (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/18-all-other-guitars-including-prestige/)
-   -   RG1570 or RGT42 (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/rg1570-rgt42-24453.html)

beavis00000 12-31-2003 04:44 AM

RG1570 or RGT42

What's better in your opinion? :D

JimmyW 12-31-2003 05:25 AM

I own a 570 but i would like one the new rgt with the edge trem also. which would i rather have? hmmm the rgt :D

beavis00000 12-31-2003 05:41 AM

I bought RGT42 a week ago - and I also played RG1550...
8)

RGT in my opinion is better, but it's made in Korea :(

I want to know other opinions about these guitars...
This Korea guitar is better than Japan RG or not. Because their prices are similar.

darren wilson 12-31-2003 12:37 PM

Put in a pair of locking trem studs, replace the pickups and do a bit of touch-up work on the frets, and the RGT42 is probably an outstanding guitar.

Even in its stock form, it's an excellent value. The ones i've seen i've been very impressed with. The quality of Korean guitars has improved by leaps and bounds in the last few years. The 1570 still has the Prestige neck, which probably has a little more TLC used in the fretting, but i think the RGT42 has the bones of a really excellent guitar, and just needs a little bit of final finesse.

Mandrak 12-31-2003 08:16 PM

The RGT is 110 dollars more expensive due to the
neck construction and mahogany wings.

The korean Edge Pro seemed to be as good as the japanese ones, and boths need a pickup change :)

The RGT is lighter though (weight, not tone).

germX 01-02-2004 04:14 AM

I like the RGT42ís warm midrange, even with the default humbuckers. I just re-auditioned it a few days back & that fat neck is making me smileÖ

DirtyBird31 01-02-2004 04:40 PM

Just get an RG570. The old Edge is better than these new ones, and the RGT42 has an even worse trem. Dont settle for anything less than a real Edge or OFR, EVER.

I havent been impressed with these new Edges, if only they had kept the locking studs. But a real problem is the new stud placement on these new Edge Pros. The only trem taht will work is another Edge Pro, and the Edge Pro will not fit where an Edge Pro II is. So if your particular Edge Pro II doesn't work very well, you dont have many options, and since it's a neck thru, you cant even salvage the neck if you botch up drilling out new holes and routing and so on.

That said, everything will probably work fine and you wont have to worry about any of this, the only time bad things like that happen is when I buy it. :roll: :cry: