Ibanez JEM Forum banner
2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Robotechnology 
#1 ·
As far as I can see it's exactly the same as an RG450 except the trem says its a "TRS" rather than "TRS-II".

It's black (looks exactly like an RG450 in BK at first sight). It's second hand. (So possible the Duncan Designed pickup wasn't stock), It's Korean. The pickups are in H/S/H layout with a five way switch and with one tone and one volume knob. The fingerboard is maple. 24 Jumbo frets. Black dot inlays.
There's a number on the back of the headstock: S4052238

The only pickups I can identify are the middle single coil, which is an INFS1 and the bridge one, which is a "Duncan Designed" one.

See less See more
#3 ·
OOOoooh :)

I thought RG450s came with a TRS II?
How much would you pay for a guitar like this? I bought it for just under £300 from a shop in Doncaster second hand. I've had it for like a year and am thinking of taking it back for a part-exchange for an RG550.

#4 ·
Well guitars go for more money here than anywhere else so I would say if you decide to ebay it it'll probably fetch around £250 and £50 is not a bad price to pay for having a guitar a whole year.

The trem is a little bit different either because one of the previous owners swaped it or because it was one of the first RG450's made after the change from EDGE (all 1993 RG4xx came with an EDGE and RG5xx and RG7XX came with Lo-Pro EDGE) to the TRSII and maybe Ibanez made a batch with different trems during the transition.
You can never know that for sure.

ilia

#5 ·
I would dismantle the guitar to identify what the humbuckers are - most manufacturers stamp some form of ID on the back. If the bridge PU was changed there is a reasonable chance the neck one was as well. You may have a couple of decent PU that are worth hanging on to.

#6 ·
There is a tini-tiny possibility that the neck humbucker is a brand name humbucker but I would guess that it's not because literally every guitarist out there if it had to change only one humbicker on his guitar for a decent one will change the bridge.
You have a Duncan Designed in the bridge and those are hardly an improvement on the INF2 that was there in the first place so I would say the neck is not great either.
You could check it just to be on the safe side - most pickup makers put product# on the bottom of pickups.

ilia

#8 ·
Interesting stuff

Ahh... this is all very interesting :)
I think I'll put it on ebay for the suggested £250 and see what happens. I would be very happy with that, and yes, I agree that £50 is a small fee for the fun I've had with this guitar :)

Thanks all... greatly appreciated

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.