Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   All Other Guitars (including Prestige) (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/18-all-other-guitars-including-prestige/)
-   -   can i ? (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/can-i-26150.html)

aviad27 03-02-2004 03:53 PM

can i ?

hallo to all

i order some new pups to my rg 7420
a tone zone (bridge )
air norton (neck)

my q is can i split them with the right knob ?

does this pups do split ?

thanks for your time

aviad -israel

Jem7RB MK 03-02-2004 04:11 PM

Yup, They both split as far as i know

Rob

The Dark Wolf 03-02-2004 05:57 PM

I have the exact same pickups, and they definitely can be split, tapped, paralleled, whatever, you name it! :wink:

aviad27 03-06-2004 02:08 PM

pups split

can you explain me what you mean with tapped , ?

parallaled is both in the same time right > ?

thanks aviad

sam669 03-06-2004 02:36 PM

tapped: using a knob that you either push or pull to do something to a pickup, something like... splitting! Like on the JS1000, using the coil-tap of the tone knob allows the pickups to use just one of their coils.

MetalWarrior 03-07-2004 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam669
tapped: using a knob that you either push or pull to do something to a pickup, something like... splitting! Like on the JS1000, using the coil-tap of the tone knob allows the pickups to use just one of their coils.

oops....

that was supposed to say:

you're wrong. tapping is when you use only part of the coil, shortening the effective length of the wire, making a more single-coil-like sound if you do it with both coils in a humbucker (altho there are some tap-able singles). but not every pickup can be tapped. in fact, the only ones i've seen that can be are some schecter single coils and the Joe Barden HB two/tone

The Dark Wolf 03-07-2004 02:37 AM

Lemme explain it like this (Sam's right, BTW).

My 2027 has 5-way switching. Let's go over the positions!

1. Bridge humbucker (series)-this is the typical humbucker sound
2. Bridge and neck humbuckers (tapped, one coil from each p.u., hum cancelling)-sounds like the 2 or 4 position on a Strat (quack)
3. Bridge and neck humbuckers (series)-this is both p.u.'s full on, that Les Paul/PRS "in-between" sound
4. Neck humbucker (parallel)-this sounds very similiar to a single coil (also hum cancelling)
5. Neck humbucker (series)-this is the typical humbucker sound

Series sounds like a humbucker, parallel sounds alot like a single coil (but without the 60 cycle hum) :wink:

aviad27 03-07-2004 10:00 AM

pups

ok thanks

did you do all that with a mega switch ???

did someone here got a difrent set up on his axe ?

thanks !

aviad
isreal