Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   Jemsite Featured News (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/40-jemsite-featured-news/)
-   -   State of the NEW forum (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f40/state-new-forum-32564.html)

Patrick Deno 12-30-2004 11:00 PM

State of the NEW forum

Thought it might be a good idea to help the mods and Admins by creating a thread so we, the users, can point out bugs and such we find that they, in their being swamped with getting this new monster moving, may have missed.

Here's a few I've noticed:

1) No obvious smileys except in headings - that's just gonna suck if it stays that way.

2) No obvious text formatting tools - if you're a n00b you'll never know what your options are.

3) That vBulletin graphic at the top's gotta go if possible - just a thought.

Hope this helps a bit. Please don't make this into a b!tch session. This should be just a place where we can point out stuff they might have missed or not gotten to yet and they can come and say "in the works", "not gonna happen" or "done"

8-) LJ

(Looks like the smileys are hard to find AND not working yet ... hmmmm)

jemsite 12-30-2004 11:05 PM

Re: State of the NEW forum

getting the board restored is/was priority #1

the small details and ugly graphic fixes will come soon ;)

smilies should be working :)

i disabled the formatting toolbar, 'cause i'm not into making it too easy to go nutso with text.

jager 12-30-2004 11:06 PM

Forum looks great. If possible it would be cool if we could modify the time in our login to reflect our timezones.

jemsite 12-30-2004 11:08 PM

for times click QuickLinks - Edit Options...

jager 12-30-2004 11:16 PM

sweet. Thanks Glen. This new forum is awesome.

nocluejimbo 12-30-2004 11:48 PM

lookin' great!

we don't need no steenkin' text formatting!

little wing 12-30-2004 11:50 PM

Not bad at all! Well done Glen and team! Guess it just takes time for us to get used to it.

Rich 12-30-2004 11:58 PM

State?

Jersey. ;)

jemsite 12-31-2004 12:14 AM

BTW - if anyone knows how to remove the bold text on index.php for the last thread that would be great :) ...glen

jay ratkowski 12-31-2004 01:01 AM

What bold text?

I like the new software, but of course I use it on about every forum I visit. Setting to display images automatically is the only thing I'd recomend changing (user CP - options).

jemsite 12-31-2004 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay ratkowski
What bold text?

on the forum homepage, the bold text in the "last post" column above the username that shows the last thread title (or the first 30 characters anyways)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay ratkowski
I like the new software, but of course I use it on about every forum I visit. Setting to display images automatically is the only thing I'd recomend changing (user CP - options).

Good call. the CP has alot of very useful settings & options :) ...glen

cerealk 12-31-2004 01:22 AM

Cool look :)

ScottB 12-31-2004 02:10 AM

I've lost me green balls!

bpd111 12-31-2004 03:03 AM

A very minor point, home come it doesn't say Jemsite at the top? Other than that, I'm gald to see things back up and running. It sounds to me like this has put Glen and others through their paces. Good job!

SalemB 12-31-2004 04:23 AM

This looks very good.
Congrats on the new forum!