Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/15-ibanez-jem-uv-js-other-signature-models/)
-   -   Donnie guitar and SPINAL TAP - Nigel Tufnel has good taste. (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f15/donnie-guitar-spinal-tap-nigel-tufnel-has-good-taste-3611.html)

gitarrero 02-22-2002 09:49 AM

Donnie guitar and SPINAL TAP - Nigel Tufnel has good taste.

Jason Stone 02-22-2002 09:58 AM

Donnie guitar and SPINAL TAP

He was featured in Guitar World Magazine here in the US with that Donnie back in the early/mid '90s. *I'll see if I can dig up the issue this weekend.

J

Rich 02-22-2002 01:05 PM

St. Hubbins (or whatever his name is) also has one, so there's 2 in that band :biggrin:

Joel Lyndgohrd 02-23-2002 05:03 AM

Spinal Tap... :laugh:

babahi 02-23-2002 10:12 PM

Does it have eleven strings?

Vaiworship 03-03-2002 07:33 PM

hqahaha lol:rotf:

GuyCool 03-04-2002 10:02 AM

On the live dvd, st Hubbins plays his Donnie on some songs.

Guy

PerpetualBurn 06-06-2002 08:32 PM

spinal tap...hehehe

I never got the whole spinal tap think...here in the UK, everyone ive asked says they dont really exist...and it was just for the film...but...they have albums and stuff..i dont get it...did they tour? what a joke...and the other day i saw pictures of satch playing with spinal tap!! on the satriani site... 8O this confused me... :oops: someone please explain!!!

Rob 8O

grrrpoop 07-08-2002 08:12 AM

They are a real band.

However, that's only because, due to some legal quirk, in order to retain the name and branding of the band they must tour / create records.

The band members are actually famous actors / voice actors (the bassist works on The Simpsons!) but they're all very skilled musicians.

It's like Satriani himself has said; in order to play that badly you need to know how to play superbly! haha He (jokingly perhaps) listed Tuffnel as his guitar hero in a Guitarist magazine mini-review. That was a coupla years ago tho. I guess he really is a fan if he's played with them :)

I've got the first film on DVD, and it's superb with lots of extras.

Can anyone tell me if the second film is any good? I've seen the DVD for sale and the extras are non-existant.. :(

Also, just remembered that they played at the Tribute to Freddy concert in the 90's, and I believe they actually did have a genuine technical difficulty with Tuffnel's amp, tho most ppl probably assumed they were taking the p*ss :lol:

jono 07-08-2002 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grrrpoop
They are a real band.

The band members are actually famous actors / voice actors (the bassist works on The Simpsons!) but they're all very skilled musicians.

Believe it or not, Nigel Tufnell is played by Christopher Guest, who is actually... the Fifth Baron Haden-Guest of Saling, and is married to Jamie Lee Curtis! He writes, directs and all sorts as well as being Nigel :D

Jeroenn 07-08-2002 09:36 AM

It's the same guy that plays the doctor in court in "A few good man". I didn't know that just until recently. I though the face looked familiar, but that's all.

I cannot believe it's the same guy from the fluffy hair in the satch tapes..:-)
But I guess it is..

wheresthebeef 07-08-2002 12:38 PM

did u know that the bass player does many voices for the simosons? the onnes i can think of of the bat are Ned Flanders, Mr. Burns, and the bass player of spinal tap when they did an episode. but there is more.

wildealien 07-08-2002 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jono
Believe it or not, Nigel Tufnell is played by Christopher Guest, who is actually... the Fifth Baron Haden-Guest of Saling, and is married to Jamie Lee Curtis! He writes, directs and all sorts as well as being Nigel :D

i did not know that. so, i guess i can be an astronomer AND play in a really bad band :lol: .

grrrpoop 07-08-2002 04:16 PM

Quote:

Believe it or not, Nigel Tufnell is played by Christopher Guest, who is actually... the Fifth Baron Haden-Guest of Saling,

This I did not know. I knew his name, but not the Baron part. Weird!

Quote:

and is married to Jamie Lee Curtis! He writes, directs and all sorts as well as being Nigel :D

Knew this too (talented bloke - makes me sick), and one of my favourite acting roles for him was the 6-fingered villain in "The Princess Bride". :D Not seen him in many other roles though..

David St Hubbins on the other hand is a very familiar actor, makes me wonder how he has time to fit in Spinal Tap duties..

Carlo 08-11-2002 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheresthebeef
did u know that the bass player does many voices for the simosons? the onnes i can think of of the bat are Ned Flanders, Mr. Burns, and the bass player of spinal tap when they did an episode. but there is more.

He was also Weiland Smithers.

And he was also in Wayne's World 2..........you know.....Handsome Dan :)