Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   All Other Guitars (including Prestige) (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/18-all-other-guitars-including-prestige/)
-   -   Wish List (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/wish-list-38620.html)

old_metal_head 07-26-2005 10:34 PM

Re: Wish List

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillip
That's the one I really want! You just don't like trems or it was crappy bridge?
And what about the clean sounds?

I wanted to get a guitar with a trem so I ordered the Horus from Ishibashi. I saw one ages ago but never found where to get one here. The guitar was amazing, the quality, everything. I just found myself fighting the trem. Maybe I just didn't give it enough time.

Actually I had the guitar for a couple of months when a rogue staple in the case scratched the back of the guitar. They replaced everything free of charge.

The tone was unique. It cleaned up well.

If I would have kept it I'd probably jack some EMGs in it.

Phillip 07-27-2005 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_metal_head
I wanted to get a guitar with a trem so I ordered the Horus from Ishibashi. I saw one ages ago but never found where to get one here. The guitar was amazing, the quality, everything. I just found myself fighting the trem. Maybe I just didn't give it enough time.

Actually I had the guitar for a couple of months when a rogue staple in the case scratched the back of the guitar. They replaced everything free of charge.

The tone was unique. It cleaned up well.

If I would have kept it I'd probably jack some EMGs in it.

Thanks mate! And what about the neck pickup? Wasn't it too edgy? I mean, it is too close to bridge, more like midle pickup. But Caparison said, it has special voicing to have sound like neck picup, so I am curious if it's truth.

fettouhi 07-27-2005 06:23 AM

UV77MC LEFTY!!!!!! ;)

Regards

André

rty13ibz98 07-27-2005 10:23 AM

i'd love to own a custom tom anderson drop top, rg7ct, a dispagni flame, rbm2, a mcnaught phoenix, warrior signature, les paul custom...tuxedo(with a 60's neck), and another rgt3120!

ampwise...
soldano slo100
bogner ecstacy

rich

Tom Gilroy 07-27-2005 10:26 AM

Look at my Natalie jems thread...

Adagio_777 07-27-2005 10:57 AM

PGM301...that's all I want.

Flobanez 07-27-2005 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Gilroy
Look at my Natalie jems thread...

If only they were real. ;)

red5 07-27-2005 11:58 PM

Only thing on my wish list -

1958 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul RI

And this is my fantasy wish list:
1958 Les Paul
1959 Les Paul
1960 Les Paul
1961 SG
1957 Strat
1969 Strat
Every Jem and upper end RG ever made (I will own a monopoly and you will all be at my mercy! buahahaha!)

Tom Gilroy 07-28-2005 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flobanez
If only they were real. ;)

Yeah. Sucks that I can't have them all.

the.godfather 07-28-2005 02:31 PM

I would really love to try the Caparison range too actually. Mainly because Christopher Amott (Arch Enemy) and the guys from Killswitch play them. Amott's siganture model is the one that really takes my fancy. I would also love to try the fixed-bridge Dellinger. The only problem is getting them in the UK, they arent sold anywhere over here. And in the US they still seem to be pretty expensive.

But the main reason I want to try them is because of Arch Enemy and Killswitch Engage. They are both awesome bands.

old_metal_head 07-28-2005 02:48 PM

IMO the Caparison Horus was very similar to a Jackson in the neck and feel. Most like a Dinky.

In fact, I think I read somewhere that the people who manufacture the Caparison guitars make (or used to make) the Japanese Jackson models (Jackson Stars and the like).

I'm not sure if they are comparably worth what they cost except for the look. If that makes sense.

Some consider them boutique. Maybe in the early days.

The only shop that sells the here _really_ takes advantage of being the sole US distributer.

I'd still like to get an Angelus HGS + EMG.

Adagio_777 07-28-2005 03:03 PM

The Caparison horus has 27 frets right? that's got to be a slight pain with a 24.75 scale neck.

Phillip 07-28-2005 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the.godfather
But the main reason I want to try them is because of Arch Enemy and Killswitch Engage. They are both awesome bands.

For me, Evergrey is the reason I want Caparison :-).

Phillip 07-28-2005 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adagio_777
The Caparison horus has 27 frets right? that's got to be a slight pain with a 24.75 scale neck.

Yea, Horus is short scale and 27th fret. But looks awesome!

Phillip 07-28-2005 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_metal_head
I'm not sure if they are comparably worth what they cost except for the look. If that makes sense.

If you compare the japanese prices to Ibanez guitars prices, I don't think they are expensive. Especialy Horus has good price in Japan, the problem is, how to get them here! :-) Only the artist (signature) series are more expensive, but not Dellinger or Horus. And I think you can get them form Sweden (or Norway?) but prices are much higher there (even more expensive than from USA distributor).