Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   All Other Guitars (including Prestige) (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/18-all-other-guitars-including-prestige/)
-   -   upgrading a rg270dx.help pls!!!!! (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/upgrading-rg270dx-help-pls-43821.html)

InSaNe sHRed 01-21-2006 11:23 PM

upgrading a rg270dx.help pls!!!!!

hello guys. I want to upgrade my rg270dx. It is not my main guitar but I want it to have an edge pro(now it has sth like floyd rose I am not sure but it sucks). is it possible? is there any danger about or is it possible that they do it wrong?? I also think about replacing a TZ on the bridge but what to do with the neck position?? I want this guitar to sound aggressive. What do you say???

lyconxero 01-22-2006 03:18 AM

Re: upgrading a rg270dx.help pls!!!!!

I'm actually leaning towards the D-Sonic pickup for the bridge because all the reviews of it are really good and it sounds like the kind of pickup that I want. You might want to check it out as well. As for the neck, you have MANY different options from the PAF Pro, the PAF Joe, the Air Norton, and the list goes on and on. As far as upgrading the trem, anything is possible if you're willing to route the body of the guitar. I dunno what bridge comes stock with an RG270DX (I'm thinking either a Lo-TRS II or a ILT trem) but if you have to route the body then it's not even worth it. You could say yourself a LOT of money by getting one of those used RG550s or 570s on 'evilbay' that everyone on this site raves about with an Original Edge trem.

thebigugly 01-24-2006 09:47 PM

Well you could upgrade the bridge to an OFR or OFR liscensed bridge. But not an edge as that required routing and may not be cost effective. And the TZ is a great choice. A norton, air norton, paf pro, paf joe, breed neck would all go well and still be agressive. But it honestly sounds to me like you want an RG5xx with the V7/V8 combo. And i believe it would be a whole lot cheaper and bring you more happiness to look into trading the 270 off for a 5xx. Just my 2 cents. Joshua

ChopTart 01-24-2006 10:29 PM

a lot of the pickup is in the way that you use it though, I have both a PAF pro and an Air Norton in two separate guitars, and i use them for bluesy stuff all the time. However, i have no doubt that if cranked and with the right settings they could produce some serious crunch. They're both very versatile and a lot depends on HOW you use it, not just what you use.

lyconxero 01-25-2006 01:37 AM

I totally agree. The pickups always help your tone, but your AMP is the biggest contributor to how you sound. Even a crappy jumpstart Ibanez guitar will sound pretty badass if you're playing it through a Mesa Dual Rectifier.

InSaNe sHRed 01-25-2006 10:22 PM

hmm thanks guys. But I will already buy a 7vwh and cant change rg 270 at the same time. so I still wanna upgrade it. I am thinking of bridge= d-sonic and neck= paf pro. what do you say? Does any one has experience of routing the guitar to place an edge pro? will it work well????