Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/29-vendors-auction-reseller-talk/)
-   -   Christopher Woods? (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f29/christopher-woods-48712.html)

eatsleepplayguitar 06-20-2006 10:21 PM

Christopher Woods?

Anyone try any of his guitars or necks?

He has that new machine to, his work looks amazing.
http://homepage.mac.com/bigvelvetdog/home.html

I want to get a neck there

chef21 06-20-2006 11:40 PM

Re: Christopher Woods?

I have one on order, have been told a few times now it will be ready soon, but am still waiting. I don't really mind waiting as long as it's nice work. Only time will tell I guess. I have heard good things about his work. He tells me the reason mine is taking longer is he's having a little trouble with the inlay. I hope his attention to detail is as good as it sounds. chef21

gitarguy 06-21-2006 12:27 AM

I have been waiting 10 months for a body that was suposed to take 2 to 3 months. The last estimated shipping date I got was Monday 6-19-06 but I haven't heard from him since he gave me that date the middle of last week.

Dee 06-21-2006 12:30 AM

I never heard back from him. I emailed him quite a while ago to get a quote. I gave up on the idea of having him build me something, to be honest.

chef21 06-21-2006 12:40 AM

He is taking new orders, give him another e mail. chef21

fettouhi 06-21-2006 02:29 PM

Rikk Beatty had some guitars done from Christopher.

Regards

André

Lefty Robb 06-22-2006 12:09 AM

Like most good luthors he got rediculously backlogged with work, but he's worked out a schedule that hopefully works.

ET Guitars 06-22-2006 05:00 AM

I have dealt with Chris, and will continue to do so. He made me the neck on this custom project of mine http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42702

His work is fairly good, especially for the price. The inlays and led work are really well done. There was some minor "attention to detail" things with frets, like fret-ends not filed properly and some frets not seated in properly, the heel was 1-2mm too thick, and the holes for locking nut were out by ~1mm. I was able to tidy these up myself without too much trouble. I told him about these minor gripes and I was impressed with his response and commitment to improve on the detail. His equipment is getting better too and I expect so will his overall workmanship.

bammbamm 06-22-2006 01:14 PM

I'm still waiting on a replacement neck for my RG2027, no inlay, ebony board, fully scalloped, volute neck.
It isn't like I'm touring and need right now, but communication is a tad lacking, and I understand that if you're backlogged, it is very hard to keep up with the basic day to day stuff.
I saw it happen with Jeremy as his pouplarity grew, same with Eddie too.
I guess if you aren't ready for the onslaught of work that can come from the net, it is easy to get behind.

My projcted complete date was 5/29/06.
We'll see what the true delivery date is.
If nothing else, it'll be a good gauge on what real world lead times are.

Bamm

Koss 06-22-2006 02:29 PM

As of yesterday, he isn't taking anymore orders for now. I have a full custom being made by him, and a replacement body aswell.

fettouhi 06-22-2006 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koss
As of yesterday, he isn't taking anymore orders for now. I have a full custom being made by him, and a replacement body aswell.

Details, details :).

Regards

André

Koss 06-22-2006 03:20 PM

Replacement body for my current 7, and a full custom 7 :D

quik 06-22-2006 04:23 PM

I have a neck on order from him. Can't wait!

Koss 06-22-2006 04:34 PM

Scott MacDougall is me on his order page if anyone is interested. No pics yet. My name is there 3 times though. First one is for build time, second one is for paint time. And the third one is for my replacement body, but he put the same description a third time. No biggie.

GuitarGod 07-03-2006 12:22 PM

Has anyone recieved a neck from him? I am seriously considering getting a jem replica neck done. I have a jem 7vwh but am fairly picky about radius and width, etc. Would he be able to get close to Jem neck specs? Also, has anyone had experience with his LED work...i love LEDs and would also like to know how they are working out for someone? Thanks for the help, you can also PM me if you would like. Any info would be greatly appreciated.