Ibanez JEM Forum banner
4K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Flobanez 
#1 ·
Hey guys! Just bought this baby off the 'bay. It's a 1989 RG550DY that's been modded to effect a JEM with its monkey-grip, Paf-Pros and an entire fretboard replacement with a yellow vine inlaid :D . It's the same one sold from Cottam Guitars for £400, with the grip and pups as extra work. I think the headstock's also been refinished though :( as it's not the matching DY. It looks pretty faded in the photos, but the less-modded pic shows its true colour! Enjoy...

See less See more
#13 ·
it's cool !!! 8)

has ebony fingerboard?

i think that you should repaint all body (monkey-grip isn't painted) again, and also the headstok in yellow and you go for a pink logo decal. ;)

regards.

Daniel.
Yeah, and it seems the original jack hole hasnt been plugged either... Awesome candidate for a claw + refinish, but its certainly got some mojo to it all banged up like that :)

Congrats man! :D

#15 ·
Hey, thanks for the comments guys! I'd really love to get it refinished to include the grip, but refinishing is so expensive in the UK :sad: ... I'd have a black and yellow swirl anyway ;) . I think I'd rather leave the lion's claw, as I'm not that fussed about having a dead acurate replica of a 777DY, and again, expensive!! Us students aren't known for our diposable incomes...
Jimmy... how did it play when you tried it?

Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.