Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   All Other Guitars (including Prestige) (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/18-all-other-guitars-including-prestige/)
-   -   Dirt cheap Strat copies on the Bay. Anyone tried 'em? (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/dirt-cheap-strat-copies-bay-anyone-tried-em-56715.html)

Dee 01-04-2007 05:47 PM

Dirt cheap Strat copies on the Bay. Anyone tried 'em?

OK, I wouldn't expect much at all out of a really cheap guitar, but for the price, I wonder how good / bad those Strat copies at National Music Supplies (e-Bay seller) really are. The price is ridiculous, but they look like pretty accurate copies. The pickguard is at least a good fit, and the guitar looks pretty good! Even if they are junk and were used for swirl practice or something they must be worth it. Any thoughts?

Item number: 280066844704

dex 01-04-2007 05:57 PM

Re: Dirt cheap Strat copies on the Bay. Anyone tried 'em?

Not tried them myself but read the reviews.

Same dirt cheap strat copies from a respectable UK shop

Dee 01-04-2007 06:18 PM

Well it doesn't sound bad at all for the money. Obviously it'd be better to read some reviews from players with a bit more experience, but I am actually pretty surprised. Some funny reviews as well...

Quote:

ive got one of these i jsut want to know, does it come with a wah wah arm because mine didnt come with one

Kii 01-04-2007 07:16 PM

They're probably made out of plywood. :lol:

LonePhantom 01-04-2007 09:35 PM

Geez they sound ok for the money. It says solid alder body.

Dee 01-05-2007 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kii (Post 587188)
They're probably made out of plywood. :lol:

You would think so, but they are solid. I read reviews on the eBuyer site and though they are written mainly by amateurs, they sound pretty good. What do you want for that price!?

Ayrton 01-05-2007 02:09 AM

For under $100 you can get a "New York Pro" strat copy off the bay and it is actually a nice guitar for what it cost. I bought one for my daughter and I actually play around with it more than I ever thought I would.

supermau 01-05-2007 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dex (Post 587136)
Not tried them myself but read the reviews.

Same dirt cheap strat copies from a respectable UK shop

Description says "Body - Solid Wood or solid Alder" so who knows what you are really getting. I'd go with a Squier.

Demiurge 01-05-2007 10:26 AM

I picked up one of those for $35 and surprisingly, it wasn't a bad-playing guitar at all, especially for its price point. Certainly no worse than the Epi Specials and Squier affinities that sell for 5x as much. The one I bought had no logo on its Fender-shaped headstock, and a transparent blue finish that was very well-done and quite attractive.

I have too many guitars, so I ended up parting it out and selling it on the 'bay, doubling my money. I'm bad.

fettouhi 01-06-2007 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee (Post 587153)
Well it doesn't sound bad at all for the money. Obviously it'd be better to read some reviews from players with a bit more experience, but I am actually pretty surprised. Some funny reviews as well...

:lol:

Regards

Andrť