Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   All Other Guitars (including Prestige) (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/18-all-other-guitars-including-prestige/)
-   -   No White And Maple Neck (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/no-white-maple-neck-57564.html)

Thrash 01-21-2007 01:22 AM

No White And Maple Neck

Surprised Ibanez didn't listen and have more maple necks. Guess I may have to go Jackson.

prestigeaxes 01-21-2007 03:23 PM

Re: No White And Maple Neck

yep, im dissapointed with ibanez,
they know what we want but they wont do it
maybe if there sales drop they will get there heads out of the clouds.

Jaden 01-21-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrash (Post 597547)
Surprised Ibanez didn't listen and have more maple necks. Guess I may have to go Jackson.

+1 - its a dinky for me this year - with the cool black sharktooth inlays !
would have bought a 550DY if they had not restricted the supply !

wilch 01-22-2007 04:08 AM

Get this and use white vinyl to cover the f-holes?

http://www.ibanezrules.com/namm/imag...7/P1010022.JPG

brothersnowgone 01-22-2007 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatisshredding (Post 597898)
would have bought a 550DY if they had not restricted the supply !

Seriously how ****ING stupid is that, your not alone my friend!

brothersnowgone 01-22-2007 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilch (Post 598217)
Get this and use white vinyl to cover the f-holes?

http://www.ibanezrules.com/namm/imag...7/P1010022.JPG

lol, but then the control knob would look like it's in the middle of nowhere for no reason...

necrophonic 01-22-2007 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prestigeaxes (Post 597854)
yep, im dissapointed with ibanez,
they know what we want but they wont do it
maybe if there sales drop they will get there heads out of the clouds.

It's a bit of a catch 22 though...

If sales drop, they won't make a lot of money which means there'll be less money to invest in a wider (i.e. more commercially risky as you don't want lots of stock you can't afford not to sell) range.

So we're back where we start.

But, if they don't offer the options that people want then the sales will drop...

ad infinitum

Dee 01-22-2007 07:45 AM

Solution:

Make the RG2550 with a maple board, include the old colours (DY and RF) as an option and give it a matched headstock. Simple. That would satisfy a whole lot of us. If they can't see this, then I really don't know what to say.

brothersnowgone 01-22-2007 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee (Post 598281)
Solution:

Make the RG2550 with a maple board, include the old colours (DY and RF) as an option and give it a matched headstock. Simple. That would satisfy a whole lot of us. If they can't see this, then I really don't know what to say.

Sure sounds simple enough now doesn't it? I can't see how they fail to see that as the best business move and it definately would increase sales!

IbanezFreak777 01-22-2007 08:06 AM

Obviously the reason why the 550 is limited, is because it would be unfair to people like me who own an original 550 in DY. And don't want to see a million and one people out there with the same guitar and color as myself.

Having a limited batch of guitars and colors allows each buyer to have a relatively rare guitar.

Personally I am in love with the Ibanez style especially the headstock. I just love the Z cut at the top, it has a style all of its own.

Id be happy with any color ibanez.

Dee 01-22-2007 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 (Post 598286)
Obviously the reason why the 550 is limited, is because it would be unfair to people like me who own an original 550 in DY. And don't want to see a million and one people out there with the same guitar and color as myself.

Sorry, but this is ridiculous. It's more unfair to those who DIDN'T get one. Please take your head out of the clouds. The reason why it's limited is because Ibanez don't know if they will sell very well. Hopefully when they see how fast these things go they will start to realize we have been right for years and they should have listened. With the RG20th, they are testing the waters. They aren't sat there thinking "well, let's be careful here, just release a few because it's unfair to that guy on Jemsite who owns a DY". Ridiculous.

espshredder 01-22-2007 09:07 AM

There is a limited edition white RG350 with maple neck available from Sam Ash at the moment, I believe