Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   All Other Guitars (including Prestige) (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/18-all-other-guitars-including-prestige/)
-   -   ZR Tremolo? (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/zr-tremolo-57875.html)

TroelsRasmussen 01-27-2007 04:15 PM

ZR Tremolo?

Hey.

Have heard both positive and negative about the ZR tremolo. I would like to hear your thoughts about the ZR tremolo. How is it in comparation to the Edge Pro-better og worse??

Rekuss 01-28-2007 09:00 AM

Re: ZR Tremolo?

+1

Reece

-Rhaab 01-29-2007 01:52 AM

if your using the backstop, its harder to do full divebombs cause theres less room, and it feels like you have to dive down slightly more, but i love it, incomparable tuning stability (for floyd types) imo. the feel super smooth, the only probably i had was the adjusting thing that makes the arm loose or tight. it would did not work properly, doesnt matter though cause i like mine loose. i dont use the backstop so im not too sure how that is. its my favorite trem to use : D

crevis 01-29-2007 02:39 AM

I think putting them on korean guitars is just a tryout for the new technology, I wouldnt be surprised if all ibanez have some kind of ball bearing trem in a few years.

I havent had the chance to try one yet but they look very tempting.

kirk 01-29-2007 06:48 AM

I was happy with mine, although I sold the guitar for something else.

I bought the guitar used and it came with the wrong trem arm - I thought the trem really sucked. Then when I got a new arm from Rich it was like night and day. It's an awesome unit. I tried installing the drop-d drum and it was a bit of a pain in the rear.

One of the things that I thought was neat is that the trem comes with it's own intonation tool, similar to the Edge adjust, although the ZR tool is just a screw that goes into the back of the string saddle-thinga-ma-bob.

Sam b 01-30-2007 03:18 AM

They are great.

Hellraizer 02-08-2007 01:05 AM

are they better than a Lo Pro Edge is the real question

kirk 02-08-2007 01:58 AM

Subjective, but I say no it is not better than any variant of the edge.

crevis 02-08-2007 04:05 AM

They both stay in tune, that's all I care about.

nuno 02-08-2007 04:40 AM

great, great trem. the only thing, they should make the arm-tightening bear out of harder metal, i heard more than one people got it broken easily. but for the rest, hands down.

madpickin03 02-08-2007 05:14 AM

Yeah, i've seen and heard various complaints about the collar joint or something inside it breaking. Other than that, wonderful piece of machinery.

As for comparing it with a LoPro, cant really say its better or worst, personal preference, both feels different and they're good.

GTR-MAN 02-08-2007 07:38 AM

I love the ZR trem, I wish they put them on RG's and Jems(options, not standard). Easier to set up than an Edge pro. An Edge Pro can be pretty damn good once they're set up though. Still I've never had a trem that was easier to set up than a ZR.

Zepp3lin 02-08-2007 08:38 AM

I don't know about the Japan made ZR, but mine is a Korean made and it s_ux big time.
I don't deny it when dive bomb with out the stopper it feels smooth because of the ball bearing design, other than that it s_ux big time.

I think ZR trem(Korean) got to be redesign, 2 springs are just not enough and the saddles sux big time, the saddles got lots of sharp edges and when I install strings on it, it cuts my string it broke my strings alot when I do hard bending and pulling. I had to do alot of work on the saddles to curve and smoothen it so that it don't cut and break the strings. It happen even on the thicker gauges that I use. 0.09 was the worst 1 to use on that ZR, it broke almost instantly after tuning and bend it for the 1st time.

I own an Edge Pro and I think it's way much better and that's why it is still in Vai and Satch Signature series guitars.

nuno 02-08-2007 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zepp3lin (Post 607829)
I don't know about the Japan made ZR, but mine is a Korean made and it s_ux big time.

there's no Japan-made or Korean-made ZR. it's the same for all.

S-man 02-08-2007 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zepp3lin (Post 607829)
I don't deny it when dive bomb with out the stopper it feels smooth because of the ball bearing design, other than that it s_ux big time.

I think ZR trem(Korean) got to be redesign, 2 springs are just not enough and the saddles sux big time, the saddles got lots of sharp edges and when I install strings on it, it cuts my string it broke my strings alot when I do hard bending and pulling. I had to do alot of work on the saddles to curve and smoothen it so that it don't cut and break the strings. It happen even on the thicker gauges that I use. 0.09 was the worst 1 to use on that ZR, it broke almost instantly after tuning and bend it for the 1st time.

I own an Edge Pro and I think it's way much better and that's why it is still in Vai and Satch Signature series guitars.

Something is wrong with your ZR. I'm not saying the ZR or is good or bad.

But that should not happen.