Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/27-players-bands-music-sounds-tours-jams-lessons-theory/)
-   -   VH IS OOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!!!! (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f27/vh-oooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnn-66427.html)

jemaholic 08-07-2007 09:38 AM

VH IS OOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!!!!

By Ray Waddell
2 hours, 37 minutes ago

NASHVILLE (Billboard) - Van Halen will announce a 50-date American reunion tour with original singer David Lee Roth during a news conference in Hollywood next week, sources said.

The arena trek will begin in early October.

Roth, who split from the rock group in the mid-1980s in hopes of solo stardom, will reunite with co-founders Eddie Van Halen on guitar and brother Alex Van Halen on drums. Eddie's teenage son Wolfgang will sub for Michael Anthony on bass.

A proposed summer amphitheater tour by the group never got off the ground, with Eddie Van Halen entering a rehabilitation facility for undisclosed reasons in March.

In the months since, the guitarist has been seen publicly looking healthy and fit.

Van Halen last toured in 2004, with Roth's replacement, vocalist Sammy Hagar, grossing nearly $40 million, according to Billboard Boxscore.

Reuters/Billboard

jemaholic 08-07-2007 09:56 AM

Re: VH IS OOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!!!!

jb4674 08-07-2007 10:08 AM

Well, I'm def. going if they come to DC. This is exciting news!

Jimmy:smile:

jemplayer55 08-07-2007 10:48 AM

*yawns* Hmmm.... ya think!? :lol:

At least Ed does look healthier...... that's a start in the right direction.

andy7jem 08-07-2007 10:51 AM

............until it's cancelled :lol:

JVal4 08-07-2007 11:14 AM

Well, I'm sure the bashers will be out hammering this post as any other about VH. It WILL happen and I can't wait to say "I told you so"!

Ed looks great and I hope and pray he stays that way. It's WAY past "long overdue" and I certainly can understand some of the skepticism.

Let's see what happens......

Batchimp RG 08-07-2007 11:14 AM

History in the making my friends (hopefully :rolleyes:)

courtney2018 08-07-2007 11:24 AM

Well, I'm not a fan of VH at all. Never was, but I do respect the guy and his skills on the guitar. For that reason I hate that it's been so long since he's made new music. I'd like to see them stay together this time and come out with some new material. However, I'll be waiting for the DVD (if they stay together and actually do something this time) to get released.....because as I said, I'm not really into VH.

waylay00 08-08-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVal4 (Post 701301)
Well, I'm sure the bashers will be out hammering this post as any other about VH. It WILL happen and I can't wait to say "I told you so"!

Ed looks great and I hope and pray he stays that way. It's WAY past "long overdue" and I certainly can understand some of the skepticism.

Let's see what happens......

+1

I think it's on for real this time. VH is the quintessential rock band, and I can't wait to see them.

skykiller 08-13-2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waylay00 (Post 702036)
+1

I think it's on for real this time. VH is the quintessential rock band, and I can't wait to see them.

No show even close to us:(
Van Halen tour dates, according to the band's publicist:

9/27 Charlotte, NC @ Bobcats Arena
9/29 Greensboro, NC @ Coliseum
10/1 Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Center
10/7 Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
10/10 Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena
10/14 Indianapolis, IN @ Conseco Fieldhouse
10/16 Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena
10/18 Chicago, IL @ United Center
10/22 Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills
10/24 Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
10/26 Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
10/28 St. Louis, MO @ Scottrade Center
10/30 Boston, MA @ TD Banknorth Garden
11/3 East Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airlines Arena
11/13 New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
11/20 Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center
11/23 Glendale, AZ @ Jobing.com Arena
11/25 San Diego, CA @ Cox Arena
11/27 Sacramento, CA @ Arco Arena
11/29 San Jose, CA @ HP Pavilion
12/1 Portland, OR @ Rose Garden
12/3 Seattle, WA @ Key Arena
12/5 Vancouver @ GM Place
12/9 Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Palace
12/11 Calgary, AB @ Pengrowth Saddledome

elcid 08-13-2007 07:19 PM

Im sure the tour will happen. There is entirely too much money at stake for it not too. 2 guys can pretend to like the third for a few months.

Ayrton 08-13-2007 07:46 PM

How can there be no Atlanta show?

jb4674 08-13-2007 07:52 PM

How about DC? WTF?????????

Jimmy:smile:

MCR 08-13-2007 07:59 PM

I read in one of the posts on the press conference and they made it sound like more dates were to come, since they are claiming it is a 50 stop tour I'm sure they are. Just these 24/25 to get the ball rolling and then more later when the word of mouth builds. I can't see them not going to Atlanta, Texas or Florida, way to much cash would be left on the table.

I'm just happy they are opening close to me in Charlotte. I figure no chance they'll be pissed at each other yet or Eddie falling off the wagon that early in the tour. Maybe it will be a fun show.;

skykiller 08-13-2007 08:08 PM

or nashville!!!