Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   Off-topic / Miscellaneous (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/13-off-topic-miscellaneous/)
-   -   Binge and grab some BUCKETHEAD (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f13/binge-grab-some-buckethead-74146.html)

the_hero_next_door 02-26-2008 08:25 AM

Binge and grab some BUCKETHEAD

All myth aside, based purely on his music, what do you think of buckethead?

Personally i think he's great :D his music's insane and really fun to listen to and i think it's great that thanks to guitar hero he's become known for his own stuff rather than his association with.....AXL ROSE :O DUN DUN DUUUUN!

Sometimes i wish chickens would tear off my face :( oh well, a lad can dream!

scotte_za 02-26-2008 08:52 AM

Re: Binge and grab some BUCKETHEAD

I've been listening to him a lot at work, it reminds me that there are more important things in life than worrying.... Like guitar! :D

JM5150 02-26-2008 10:44 PM

He's fantastic! A little too quirky for me sometimes, but I'm floored by his talent.

OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S 02-26-2008 10:46 PM

His technique is insane but I think he is a clown!!! I don't like him or his music.

Ayrton 02-29-2008 12:55 PM

His skill is ill refutable, but his music is hit or miss to me.

losgatosrg350dx 03-03-2008 09:05 PM

he is god, i just saw him

hes trully great and can school almost nay guitarist and anyone ive ever seen played, maybe not michael angelo batio

he is also very very good

speedy mcfeely 03-03-2008 10:01 PM

he is god, i just saw him

hes trully great and can school almost nay guitarist and anyone ive ever seen played...

Whoa! easy on the hyperbole. He is technically proficient yes, school anyone... no. Robin Trower would take ol' KFC-fer-brains to school any day of the week. Jeff Beck anyone? How about Gary Moore? Steve Howe? Steve Morse? Steve Lukather? Steve Vai? Dude just about any guitar player named Steve would own BH!!

losgatosrg350dx 03-03-2008 10:54 PM

eh get educated my friend

speedy mcfeely 03-03-2008 11:33 PM

like I stated above. he is very technical. Music is more than technique. I am quite astonished by his prowess, when it comes to atonal noodling and his ability to weave in and out of the modal landscapes. The issue is it is not very musical. Rythmic, yes, sometimes melodic, but how much emotion is conveyed through his tunes? Vai is very technical in his playing, yet somehow he manages to convey an enormous amount of feeling and emotion into his compositions.

I would encourage you to refrain from implying that I am not educated. I am quite versed in music and the history of music. I have played guitar for over 15 years. I also suggest that you check out some Trower. He says so much with so little. He is provocative with out having to blast out twenty million notes per measure. I enjoy shredding guitar players, but to suggest that Mr. Carrol is somehow the deity of guitar is kind of ridiculous given the vastness of the guitar universe.

losgatosrg350dx 03-04-2008 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy mcfeely (Post 792234)
like I stated above. he is very technical. Music is more than technique. I am quite astonished by his prowess, when it comes to atonal noodling and his ability to weave in and out of the modal landscapes. The issue is it is not very musical. Rythmic, yes, sometimes melodic, but how much emotion is conveyed through his tunes? Vai is very technical in his playing, yet somehow he manages to convey an enormous amount of feeling and emotion into his compositions.

I would encourage you to refrain from implying that I am not educated. I am quite versed in music and the history of music. I have played guitar for over 15 years. I also suggest that you check out some Trower. He says so much with so little. He is provocative with out having to blast out twenty million notes per measure. I enjoy shredding guitar players, but to suggest that Mr. Carrol is somehow the deity of guitar is kind of ridiculous given the vastness of the guitar universe.

wen i say educate i mean on carrolls music

is mp3 format, his entire collection of music he has done is 3.5 gigs including the 4 new albums this year

he is amazing, and it is beyond un describable if you havent familiarised urself with the entire collection

he plays just like vai, and has some songs that are the same as vai, but different he goes into a schooling method

in fact i beleive he was a student of gilbert, then vai, and he was dropped bc there was nothing vai could teach him anymore....

seeing as though vai and bucket are still close friends

ibz_SA 03-05-2008 01:57 AM

Im amazed, we can only wish to have the skills he has. He to me is more powerfull then vai him self. He is an insperation to me!

losgatosrg350dx 03-05-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibz_SA (Post 792860)
Im amazed, we can only wish to have the skills he has. He to me is more powerfull then vai him self. He is an insperation to me!

word to that

rob777vdy 03-07-2008 11:58 AM

thats the first time ive see this guy play,vvvvvvery impressive but he looks like a clown,cant get away with the bucket on his nut and the mask.very telented all the same.