Ibanez JEM Forum banner

I am shocked...

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Matheau 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I tried out 3 GREAT guitars on Friday :
1)Vigier excalibur custom, Alder body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, vigier hardware, SD pickups, the quality is so high i am speechless, i would never expect that kind of craftmanship... the guitar sustains forever and the attack was right "in your face"
the harmonics popped out like devils tongue, overall this is a F***ing great shred machine
P.S: the feel of the bare wood is sooo sexy;)...

2)Washburn "Nuno" N4 (ASH): i NEVER liked washburn but after my expierience with Nuno's axe i chance my mind, Ash body, maple neck, ebony frettboard, SD 59 (neck), Bill Lawrence L500 (bridge), washbourn trem...
This is a killer combiation for sparklish leads just the way i like it...
I was not sure about the washburn trem until the guy brought me the trem arm and told me "do whatever u want, brake it if u can" and my friend answers him "dont chalenge him" ;););)... But the guy was right the guitar never fell out of tune after my abuse on the trem... This is the guitar with the most harmonics i ever played... The L500 is great for that...
Again great craftamanship...

3)Vigier Shawn Lane signature (natural)
Same as the first one but with dimarzios instead of SD's, waxed body, and vigier "vintage style" tremolo and even more flat radius...
Great guitar but i cant live without a floating bridge hehe ;)...

Am looking to sell my Horizon FR-II to get one of those babies...
Dont get me wrong, Horizon is a Great METAL-SHRED guitar, but Excalibur custom and N4 are SHRED MACHINES...

P.S : I played all the guitars thru the Spider valve 212 and i jammed on the surfing with the allien backing track ;)...

See less See more
#4 ·
The Vigier's look amazing, I really want to try one to be sure I like how they feel first, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting a Vigier Excalibur Custom once I get the money together.

Patrice Vigier seems to be pretty cool, if you check the forum on the Vigier site he answers most of the questions himself and they seem to do a lot of minor modifications on request.

#12 ·
Yes, just check on their site, there is a link to a distributor. It doesn't really seem to be a brand that people really seem to have on hand though, seems more common that you end up getting the guitar made to order, which is why Vigier seems more amicable to making minor changes that most companies to their stock models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.