Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   Comments to Ibanez (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/22-comments-ibanez/)
-   -   what ibanez really needs to make (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f22/what-ibanez-really-needs-make-78665.html)

pjmguitarist 06-18-2008 03:11 PM

what ibanez really needs to make

a neck thru guitar that doesnt have that paint finished stuff on the back of the neck. i want something like how carvin does it when you order the back of the neck tongue oiled. i hate the sticky feel of that polyacrillic stuff.
any one else agree?

pjmguitarist 06-18-2008 03:44 PM

Re: what ibanez really needs to make

guess not haha

CosmicDebris 06-18-2008 04:02 PM

RGT220A has that as well as a few of the others. And you may want to give it more than 30min for a response before thinkin that people are ignoring you. Many of us have lives we need to attend to.

elcid 06-18-2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicDebris (Post 835564)
RGT220A has that as well as a few of the others. And you may want to give it more than 30min for a response before thinkin that people are ignoring you. Many of us have lives we need to attend to.

Bullsht Cosmic, the most important thing in anyone's life should be reading the countless "What Ibanez needs to make" threads.

WillTubarao 06-18-2008 04:50 PM

things like this makes ibanez ignore some things like this.

bulletbass man 06-19-2008 02:21 PM

Cow's or Sheep's Tounge oil finish :p

CalledToArms 06-19-2008 02:25 PM

i agree though, i hate painted necks but would like to get a new neckthru guitar for the collections. more options would be nice.

Pursuit 10-10-2008 11:06 PM

Apologies if this is re-opening on older thread, but it's pretty high on the list so I figured it wouldn't be too bad.

I have played Les Pauls, etc. with painted necks. They are still by all means playable, but I have noticed that it IS harder to move your hand along the neck than with a raw neck. It seems like it's kind of slightly "sticking" to the hand. Not much, but enough to slow you down quite a bit.

Ibanez seems to slowly be falling into the painted neck trap like Gibson did. My advice to Gibson would be to switch to raw necks (like they were requested to by Zakk Wylde while making his Les Paul) and my advice to Ibanez would be to avoid moving to painted necks.

kevlahnota 10-19-2008 02:40 PM

i'd like them to upgrade the hardwares like more robust tremolo systems, better electronics and durable chrome/metal finish on metal pickup rings and knobs.

BobbyBobo 10-19-2008 11:19 PM

I must be an odd-ball....I like the painted neck feel of my RGT more than the unfinished necks.