Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   Off-topic / Miscellaneous (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/13-off-topic-miscellaneous/)
-   -   Does anyone really care? (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f13/does-anyone-really-care-85756.html)

Darin 01-11-2009 11:19 PM

Does anyone really care?

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/...cle5489134.ece

Quote:

Revealed: the environmental impact of Google searches
Performing two Google searches from a desktop computer can generate about the same amount of carbon dioxide as boiling a kettle for a cup of tea, according to new research.

While millions of people tap into Google without considering the environment, a typical search generates about 7g of CO2 Boiling a kettle generates about 15g. “Google operates huge data centres around the world that consume a great deal of power,” said Alex Wissner-Gross, a Harvard University physicist whose research on the environmental impact of computing is due out soon. “A Google search has a definite environmental impact.”

Myst and rain 01-14-2009 01:03 PM

Re: Does anyone really care?

Oh gosh. :lol: Voted the fourth option. :)

DEADTUNES666 01-14-2009 01:05 PM

This planet is doomed anyway...So bring on the Goooooogle. ;)

AxeHappy 01-14-2009 01:11 PM

More carbon dioxide is emitted by plants and melting ice caps than humans anyways.

Plus Al Gore just straight up lied and used very altered and mis-leading graphs in his movie (Not trying to start anything political I do believe in Global warming...but the guy lied...) so screw him. Google away!

DEADTUNES666 01-14-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AxeHappy (Post 889590)
Plus Al Gore just straight up lied and used very altered and mis-leading graphs in his movie (Not trying to start anything political I do believe in Global warming...but the guy lied...) so screw him. Google away!

I'm going to Google Al Gore right now...:lol:

Oh yeah and Tipper was at the forefront of the whole PMRC thing back in the 80's...so screw her too...:razz:

Darin 01-14-2009 07:15 PM

I wonder how much a 100watt tube half stack and a pedal board running for hours compares to a single Google search? :)

BTW: Got better than 22mpg in my Dodge Ram Cummins today on a 30 mile round trip. It kills my old Hemi Ram and I'm doing my part to save to world by getting better fuel economy. :)

Jaden 01-15-2009 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darin (Post 889682)
BTW: Got better than 22mpg in my Dodge Ram Cummins today on a 30 mile round trip. It kills my old Hemi Ram and I'm doing my part to save to world by getting better fuel economy. :)

:lol: its fuel economy Jim, but not as we know it :lol:

Out Of This Swirled 01-15-2009 06:09 AM

Al Gore...... a politician.... Lying...... Never!!!!!!! His graphs were only out by about 800 years so they tied in nicley with his myth, I mean inconvinent data I mean trutt, trith... I cant ever say it. (come on carbon Tax). Typical statistics from a gov man, i mean Bilderberg pupet. I mean CFR mouth piece. I mean Trilatral comision mouth piece I mean.... Wow Off topic and dont for god sake google any of the words, you'll blow up the planet. I just yahoo things now, there still okay arnt they? I'll check...

callen3615 01-15-2009 08:07 AM

Al Gore......(rolls eyes)

DavyH 01-15-2009 08:44 AM

I've googled it and I couldn't find anything to corroborate.......

kotornut 01-15-2009 09:05 AM

I'm not against tree huggers, far from it, I'm actually very "eco conscience". But I've read multiple article saying that there isn't anything we can do to stop global warming now. It's too far gone. So really do we have to be bashed over the head on and on about how everything we do is the worst thing for the environment?

We can't all strip down naked hold hands and never eat another animal, and never make another flame and never breath again etc.

jim777 01-15-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavyH (Post 889826)
I've googled it and I couldn't find anything to corroborate.......

:lol:

Agent540 01-15-2009 03:53 PM

Googlish is baaaaad ! :lol:

LonePhantom 01-15-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaden (Post 889805)
:lol: its fuel economy Jim, but not as we know it :lol:

I reckon! :lol: Hate to think what his old tank got...

rmp0012002 01-15-2009 05:28 PM

Oh, Google is killing the planet but all those nasty coal burning electric plants no one talks about are okay.