Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   All Other Guitars (including Prestige) (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/18-all-other-guitars-including-prestige/)
-   -   MIK Prestiges (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/mik-prestiges-86304.html)

jairic 01-25-2009 07:48 PM

MIK Prestiges
 
I've always been under the impression that every Prestige was MIJ. I've had two and my brother has one and all have been MIJ. Lately I've been seeing some FS/FT Prestiges made in Korea. I haven't personally come across a MIK Prestige; does Ibanez actually make any Korean made Prestiges?

Thanks guys,
Jake

mike570 01-25-2009 08:24 PM

Re: MIK Prestiges
 
Many guitars in the S series were MIK Prestige. I think the entire line was MIK until they moved them back to Japan last year if I'm not mistaken.
It looks like Korea is done, though.
I eagerly await a MIUSA Prestige. That's a rumor that I continue to promote, sans evidence.... ;)

jairic 01-25-2009 08:32 PM

Re: MIK Prestiges
 
Thanks for the reply mike570; kinda disheartened to find that out, but that's how it goes sometimes. Thanks again!

GuitarBizarre 01-25-2009 08:53 PM

Re: MIK Prestiges
 
My S2170 is MIK prestige. Its not really a big deal. At the very least the fretwork was prestige standard. Unlike some of the recent developments in the MIJ fretwork.

ibz_SA 01-25-2009 10:26 PM

Re: MIK Prestiges
 
Yeah dont worry to much about were there made worry about the standard there made at.

Poiyda 01-25-2009 11:32 PM

Re: MIK Prestiges
 
I was under the impression for a long time that the entire S Series were MIK, but I recently got an S1520 off a mate and that's MIJ from 2003. Rich's NAMM report says that there will be no more MIK guitars so I guess they are either being moved to Indo or China.

The SZ Prestige were also MIK from memory, and rather nice guitars aswell.

AnDr3wYoN 01-26-2009 12:05 AM

Re: MIK Prestiges
 
I thought all the prestige's were being moved up to Japan?

Or are you referring to the standard S line?

GuitarBizarre 01-26-2009 12:08 AM

Re: MIK Prestiges
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poiyda (Post 893430)
I was under the impression for a long time that the entire S Series were MIK, but I recently got an S1520 off a mate and that's MIJ from 2003. Rich's NAMM report says that there will be no more MIK guitars so I guess they are either being moved to Indo or China.

The SZ Prestige were also MIK from memory, and rather nice guitars aswell.

All prestige models are now being made in japan.

Anything that was MIK, but isn't prestige, or that was MII, is now being produced in indonesia, since Cort have apparently closed shop as a ghostbuilder, if not as a company in general.

I was led to believe as long as 6 months ago in fact, that Cort have gone out of business, by a local guitar store salesman. Rich has since echoed this so I can only assume this has been in the works for some time.

Poiyda 01-26-2009 04:25 AM

Re: MIK Prestiges
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnDr3wYoN (Post 893435)
I thought all the prestige's were being moved up to Japan?

Or are you referring to the standard S line?

I was just referring to the standard S line, I noticed last year that SA and SAS models were no longer MIK.

I would only guess that the Prestige Models would be MIJ, it appears that the 2 MIK S Prestige models the S2170 have been discontinued, which just leaves the MIJ S Prestiges.

Poiyda 01-26-2009 04:39 AM

Re: MIK Prestiges
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre (Post 893436)
All prestige models are now being made in japan.

Anything that was MIK, but isn't prestige, or that was MII, is now being produced in indonesia, since Cort have apparently closed shop as a ghostbuilder, if not as a company in general.

I was led to believe as long as 6 months ago in fact, that Cort have gone out of business, by a local guitar store salesman. Rich has since echoed this so I can only assume this has been in the works for some time.

Thats a shame if they have gone out of business, I always liked Cort's acoustics, especially the SFX models, if that's the case I may have to pick one up before they are no longer available, unless Ibanez start making solid top small body acoustics.

Mawo 01-26-2009 07:50 PM

Re: MIK Prestiges
 
My SZ 1220 was from Japan, crafted in 2004


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) jemsite.com

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome