Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   All Other Guitars (including Prestige) (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/18-all-other-guitars-including-prestige/)
-   -   Xiphos (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/xiphos-96795.html)

C.Thep 11-17-2009 02:30 AM

Re: Xiphos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jono (Post 964182)
If I don't know, there's a good chance LOTS of folks don't know. So actually you're right, what IS the point? :rolleyes:

If you said, Joe Smith of the band blahblahblah, it might help somewhat. But to select guys who aren't mainstream "guitar heroes" and post up their names like they are and expect to make a valid point ...

I'm not trying to discourage you from posting up these guys, I'm trying to encourage you to include other forumites in the discussion by helping hem understand the points you're trying to make.

My point was that pro players are using MII Xiphos guitars. I could have stopped there but gave an example, and if a person cares enough, they can look it up themselves, since my point wasn't to inform people what very famous bands Jack Owen is in.

Secondly, the Xiphos is obviously marketed to extreme-metal guitarists. A large number of these guitarists would know who Jack Owen is, either through Cannibal Corpse or Deicide: two of the most popular extreme bands. If you don't know who Cannibal Corpse is, then that is not my problem.

Now, I have no idea who Omar Rodriquez Lopez is, or what band he plays in, but he has his own signature Ibanez. So it is safe to assume, that he is a pro player and is well known. But you wont see me crying in a thread about the ORM1 saying "Lopez who?".

toshiro 11-17-2009 07:47 AM

Re: Xiphos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by C.Thep (Post 964052)
I was going to mention that Peter Joseph uses a MII Xiphos too, but whats the point...

I would avoid using Peter as a reference, as he's now a Suhr user/endorser(not to mention a huge gear whore). :lol:

AxeHappy 11-17-2009 10:23 AM

Re: Xiphos
 
I dunno, Suhr doesn't have a lot of endorsement deals. Especially not for metal players. If he's good enough to get one with Suhr and he said the MII Xiphos was a good guitar, I'd say that speaks volumes.

Of course if he does just say what he is paid to then it's fail.

toshiro 11-17-2009 10:30 AM

Re: Xiphos
 
Well, based on message board posts, Id say he was playing the Suhrs while being an "Ibanez guy". I don't think he was ever using nothing but the Xiphos, seems more like a transition period between his Caparisons and Suhr. He sold at least one of the guitars Ibanez sent him on HC not long after that vid was posted on Ibanez's site..

He did say it was nice guitar though. :lol:

C.Thep 11-17-2009 12:27 PM

Re: Xiphos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by toshiro (Post 964221)
I would avoid using Peter as a reference, as he's now a Suhr user/endorser(not to mention a huge gear whore). :lol:

true...but dear lord, who wouldn't want to play on his purple Suhr? Its effin gorgeous.

toshiro 11-17-2009 12:52 PM

Re: Xiphos
 
To be honest, I don't like Suhr's Modern shape, I'd rather have a Xiphos(just not in a flat finish, and prefer the reverse head). :lol:

jono 11-17-2009 01:49 PM

Re: Xiphos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by C.Thep (Post 964184)
My point was that pro players are using MII Xiphos guitars. I could have stopped there but gave an example, and if a person cares enough, they can look it up themselves, since my point wasn't to inform people what very famous bands Jack Owen is in.

Secondly, the Xiphos is obviously marketed to extreme-metal guitarists. A large number of these guitarists would know who Jack Owen is, either through Cannibal Corpse or Deicide: two of the most popular extreme bands. If you don't know who Cannibal Corpse is, then that is not my problem.

Now, I have no idea who Omar Rodriquez Lopez is, or what band he plays in, but he has his own signature Ibanez. So it is safe to assume, that he is a pro player and is well known. But you wont see me crying in a thread about the ORM1 saying "Lopez who?".

You made a good point, poorly. Accept it and move on. I was trying to say that a guy who a lot of jemsite members might not know of might not be the best example of a "pro player", but most folks here should at least know of Cannibal Corpse if nothing more so it might have been a good idea to let folks know that... I don't think it's your problem, but it certainly isn't mine.

Oh and... I wasn't aware I was "crying in a thread", but if you feel you upset me you could always say sorry ;)

prydogga 11-18-2009 02:21 AM

Re: Xiphos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by C.Thep (Post 964292)
true...but dear lord, who wouldn't want to play on his purple Suhr? Its effin gorgeous.

You should see his newest Suhr, the paint makes up for the body shape IMO.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) jemsite.com

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome