Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/27-players-bands-music-sounds-tours-jams-lessons-theory/)
-   -   Ann Wilson To Tour With Zeppelin Rumour (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f27/ann-wilson-tour-zeppelin-rumour-98793.html)

jemaholic 01-20-2010 02:01 PM

Ann Wilson To Tour With Zeppelin Rumour

This is an interesting article. For those who don't know, Ann is the lead singer of the band "Heart" with hits "Crazy On You","Barracuda" and "Magic Man" from the 70's. Before they became big Heart was the top Zep cover band in the Seattle area...........
__________________________________________________ _________________________

As founding Led Zeppelin members, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones, along with the son of late Zeppelin drummist, John Bonham are rejected for a massive reunion tour by former lead vocalist Robert Plant, rumours are swirling that Heart lead vocalist, Anne Wilson is being seriously considered for the spot. A source close to the "band" informs that Page and Jones have been ready to tour for some time and feel time itself will soon close the door on the opportunity, as the musicians are now into their mid-sixties.
"Besides, poor Robert simply can't hit the notes anymore", he adds, "Zeppelin's lyrics are very androgenous, Anne is in good shape, is a huge fan and most importantly, she can do the job justice - She may be the only alternative that will sell out the stadiums that would make this a bllion dollar tour". Plant has recently received Grammy awards as a result of his collaboration with folk artist Alison Krauss. Their multi-platinum release "Raising Sand" has seen a resurgence on the charts following the Grammy wins. Plant has committed to a follow-up release with Krauss later in 2009, with a subsequent tour.
No official word from Anne Wilson or Led Zeppelin regarding the rumour.

jemsite 01-20-2010 02:04 PM

Re: Ann Wilson To Tour With Zeppelin Rumour

that would be a cool tour like UnLedded. She's a really good singer.

Just don't call it "Led Zeppelin" 'cause that ended when Bonzo died :( ...glen

moebius 01-20-2010 03:09 PM

Ann Wilson is phenomenal. This should be a good show.

jim777 01-20-2010 04:48 PM

hmmmmmm....that could work :)

DEADTUNES666 01-20-2010 05:21 PM

I always thought she got a raw deal due to her weight! She's freaking phenomenal!

Stringz 01-20-2010 08:08 PM

That would be great to see, granted it wouldn't be Zeppelin, But Ann Wilson has a powerhouse voice and there's no bigger Zeppelin fan than Ann Wilson. I still love the Zeppelin covers the Lovemongers did, Their version of Battle of Evermore is incredible...... alomst better the Zeppelin. If anyone can pull off a Robert Plant Ann Wilson is that person. I think Page and her would be great on stage together.

TAorama 01-20-2010 10:38 PM

She's a great singer. But touring w/ Zeppelin? Ah, no. Pass.

CosmicDebris 01-20-2010 11:12 PM

She is one of the few relics that still has a voice that is as good or better than 30yrs ago. She could pull it off without any problems.

einarabelc5 01-20-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stringz (Post 980473)
That would be great to see, granted it wouldn't be Zeppelin, But Ann Wilson has a powerhouse voice and there's no bigger Zeppelin fan than Ann Wilson. I still love the Zeppelin covers the Lovemongers did, Their version of Battle of Evermore is incredible...... alomst better the Zeppelin. If anyone can pull off a Robert Plant Ann Wilson is that person. I think Page and her would be great on stage together.

B.S. Battle of Evermore WORKS with Heart. Robert and that screeching gal just screwed the song up.I say **** Robert and his mocks of Vocals and go with Dreamboat Annie. If you can, bring Nancy along on Rythm as well.