Jemsite

Jemsite (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/)
-   Forum Announcements and Member Help (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/10-forum-announcements-member-help/)
-   -   Cannot upload custom avatar (https://www.jemsite.com/forums/f10/cannot-upload-custom-avatar-99249.html)

RedTiger 02-01-2010 07:37 PM

Cannot upload custom avatar

As you can see, I just did the contributor thing (gladly too, this site has been a big help, hooked me up with my Jem too ;) ). I'm having difficulty uploading a custom avatar. My picture fits all the criteria as far as I know, but I get an "Unable to save file" error. I've tried changing the size, changing it between a gif and jpeg. I even tried uploading a 50 x 50 jpeg avatar that is 0.6 kb, which should have not trouble uploading, but no dice, I get the same "unable to save file" error.

jemsite 02-01-2010 09:27 PM

Re: Cannot upload custom avatar

did you make sure it's named .jpg or .gif and the file type is correct?

RedTiger 02-01-2010 09:37 PM

Named jpg or gif? The file type on the ones I experimented with are indeed jpegs and gifs, but there's no .jpg or .gif in the actual name of the file. Just for the hell of it I did try that, btw -- for example, changed a jpeg named avatar to avatar.jpeg, making the .jpeg as part of the name. Not surprisingly, that didn't work.

I even gave all the gifs and jpg files to my wife to look at in photoshop. I gave her the required size, she couldn't see anything wrong with them and didn't have any ideas on why they wouldn't upload.

jemsite 02-01-2010 09:39 PM

check your PM :) ....glen

jemsite 02-01-2010 09:50 PM

hmmmm.... i got the same error :?: I sent out problem report so they get it fixed shortly. give it a day or so. thanks...glen

RedTiger 02-01-2010 09:54 PM

Wow, so it wasn't me! That's surprising, and nice for a change. :D Thanks glen!

jemsite 02-05-2010 09:12 AM

Avatar uploading is said to be fixed... can you try again at your convience RedTiger. Thanks! ...glen

RedTiger 02-05-2010 06:22 PM

I just tried again, sorry, no dice. :( I get the same "Unable to save image" message.

jemsite 02-05-2010 06:46 PM

sent another note to get fixed! ...glen

RedTiger 02-05-2010 06:51 PM

Thanks! I hope you don't waste too much time on this for my part, unless someone else is also having this same trouble!

jemsite 02-08-2010 02:00 PM

said to be fixed... can you try it again RedTiger :) Thanks... glen

spylover007 02-09-2010 05:46 PM

I'll try now see if it works..!!