Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Boy that sucked... only maple board in the whole catalog is the PGM301...

And the 555 comes back... and i dunno whats the black one under it, maybe the 333, but i didnt think they would put it on the catalog...

meh... :/

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
User01 said:
Nice big selection.....but I dont see any new Jems:(

And where's the maple???

vwh
brmr
UV BK

They brought back the 555 I see.

What is the all black one at the bottom of the page??? I suppose a 333 since it's sooo plain:roll:

No anniversary models????? Grrrr....how BORING! :mad:

Appears I got my hopes up for nothing:cry:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Not really. I'm gonna go with timi on this one. SEVEN across the fretboard is annoying as hell. having 7 on the model number is quite different then having the model number in bold letters across your frets. :lol:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
That Mick sig model looks to be a waste of money, IMO. The fretboard looks to be rosewood, and that ugly seven inlay just detracts from the entire thing. It'll probably be listed at about $2200 so it just seems like a big waste of money. The reverse headstock and the color is kind of cool but it would be cheaper to buy an RGT and just add EMGs to it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Im completely disgusted with the Mick Signature.

No middle pickup? ugh.
EMGs? oh god no.
FIXED Floyd rose? Oh god no, could it get ANY worse?
SEVEN inlay? Oh god no no no no. SOOOO UGLY.

Why would you have a fixed floyd rose? Just so you can kick yerself in the ass every time you restring? You have all the negative effects of a floyd, with all the positive aspects chopped off.

Its a lame rip off of the PGM.

What a joke. At $2200, they aint gonna sell many, yer average Junior High putz aint gonna have that much dough to drop on that. So. . who's gonna buy them? harharhar.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Gex said:
Im completely disgusted with the Mick Signature.

No middle pickup? ugh.
EMGs? oh god no.
FIXED Floyd rose? Oh god no, could it get ANY worse?
SEVEN inlay? Oh god no no no no. SOOOO UGLY.

Why would you have a fixed floyd rose? Just so you can kick yerself in the ass every time you restring? You have all the negative effects of a floyd, with all the positive aspects chopped off.

Its a lame rip off of the PGM.

What a joke. At $2200, they aint gonna sell many, yer average Junior High putz aint gonna have that much dough to drop on that. So. . who's gonna buy them? harharhar.
amen. Why not just put a hardtail bridge there instead? that was really pointless IMO. I guess it LOOKS cool, but thats about it. I wanted new Jems :(

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Nordhauser said:
What has Ibanez come to? **** no. ;)
Ibanez is split

They have Vai, Satriani, Gilbert, etc.

Then they have Head and Munky and Mick 7 signature models...

Someone needs to give Dave Murray or Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden a Jem and get them to do sig models ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
lyconxero said:
That Mick sig model looks to be a waste of money, IMO. The fretboard looks to be rosewood, and that ugly seven inlay just detracts from the entire thing. It'll probably be listed at about $2200 so it just seems like a big waste of money. The reverse headstock and the color is kind of cool but it would be cheaper to buy an RGT and just add EMGs to it.
Alot cheaper and you wouldn't get that horrible inlay. I like the colour, the binding and reverse headstock, and the EDGE FX bridge, but thats it. Not only is Mick Thompson a complete (insert violence curse/insult here), he bags out 7-stringers like me just cause he isnt talented enough to play one. They could've given a sig to Marty Friedman instead. Hes lucky that his name isnt on the guitar at all, otherwise i wouldn't even consider buying one.

Pretty dissapointing lineup for 2006 eh? not a single new Prestige RG or RGA, not even a new colour (exept the RG2620 which i don't know anyone whos bought one anyway). Didn't you love how they shoved the RG1527 in the backround? and they wonder why 7-string sales aren't as good as ever. Oh and i don't mean to say i told you so, but i told you the Prestige 8-string wouldn't go into production guys. I'd love to see it but it just would'nt sell, therefore ibanez won't make it. Dino's 8-string is awesome, they should've made that for sig, would have sold more.

And the JEM and JS lineup is just as bad!! no new JEMs or JSs, not even new colours. And now those abminations, the 555 and 333 have made it into the cataloge. ugh.............

This really is sad. Having signatures for Head and Munky was bad enough. Now we have to deal with Mick ''i hate sevens'' Thompson. This sucks.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.