Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Jackson Dinky project I'm working on atm. I am wiring it with 1 volume, 1 pickup. The pickup I'm using (?) has 3 wires: red, white, and barre.
How would i connect this to my volume pot and the jack.

PLEASE if anyone can give me the wiring schematics for 1 humbucker, 1 volume it would be greatly appreciated. (also, remember the pickup has 3 wires NOT 4!)

EDIT: I wired it up the best i could. Not soldored (Not yet) just connected with electric tape and wire twist. The pickup works but it BUZZZZZZZes. There's obviously a grounding problem.

Although when i touch the bridge the hum is gone, but the pup' stops working!!!!????? :confused:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey, don't worry, you got an easy one here. I'm not an expert, but just a few minutes ago I got done re-wiring one of my guitars with two push-pull pots to coil tap three pickups and bypass the tone control. Sounds crazy, but all my guitars are wired with similar configurations. I could explain it to you step by step, but the best thing to do would be to go to either the Dimarzio or Seymour Duncan web sites, they both have many different examples of wiring diagrams. I think that the Seymour Duncan site may be a little better. Try that first, by then I'm sure you will get lots of help on this thread. People on this site are pretty smart about things like this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, but every schematic I've found is for humbuckers with 4 wires, not 3.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thanks for the reply, but every schematic I've found is for humbuckers with 4 wires, not 3.
Technically, you don't have a 3 wire pickup if one of them is bare, the bare just goes to ground along with one of the other two wires. The final wire goes to the volume pot. One of the beauties of having a single pickup is that technically it shouldn't even matter which of the two non-bare wires you choose to make the ground, it should work fine either way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks everyone. I think i successfully wired up my guitar. White is hot, everything else goes to the ground. I really do need to upgrade my pickup, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts