Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the Jem I was referring to under the introduction section for I have just joined.
Any insight into taking care of these, fighting the corrosion on the trem, neck plate, etc would be greatly appreciated. Also I believe I am certain in saying the case is not orginal to a 91, and the control knobs seem to be possibly replaced?
Thanks John.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To funny I thought the same thing,dug out my photos from my old one its the same pattern also.
From what it looks like our fabric placement seems the most common on the original ones.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks. It's not the original neck though. My original neck was severely warped from hanging horizontaly as a display guitar with a bunch of autographs. We had a fireplace that cause drying of the wood. I bought an Ibanez Custom neck from the classifieds here to replace the original. I seem to recall the original wasn't as pretty. I still have it in the closet.

I bought the guitar used in the early 90's and it was a player even then with a few dings and chips. The bridge pickup had been changed to a Dimarzio X2N.

When I switched necks, I also changed the pickups to Evolutions. Sounds great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts