Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,393 Posts
Wow!!!

That paint looks awesome :D and check out the grain on that old school flatsawn neck !!!

Happy old guitar day ;)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Holy cow, that's a beauty!

Regarding flame necks, yeah, sometimes you see a bit of figuring, and even then only parts of the neck. First time I've seen one with this much. Seems to be more QS too judging by the grain, which seems unusual too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EXACTLY my reaction the first moment I saw it! Like you said, there are a few RG necks out there with SOME flaming/figuring...but not quite like this. I've never even seen a Custom model with one as nice. Here's two more photos. Enjoy and keep on pickin' and grinnin'!

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks for the kind comment! If you think that neck grain is special, check out this one from my 1991 RG550. In all my years of playing/collecting RG's, I've never seen another quite like it. ;-)
That really is awesome, and I love how it was just tossed on a standard production model :nerd:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Gorgeous 570, but that 550 neck is the real winner here haha. I absolutely love the headstock scarf is also flamed too. My RG7621 is weird, the main part is flamed and the headstock has birdseye, real interesting effect. edit: Lol even unplayed condition, the neck plate still manages to corrode haha.

That said, always find it amusing when I happen to find a random really nice figure on a standard production model, especially on a cheaper one. The RG6003 caught me by surprise especially.

https://i.imgur.com/hmHC94j.png
(RG7621, RG6003, old viper neck, RG520)

So uh... lemme know if you happen to be selling a blue RG550 any time soon ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts