Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this guitar while in Junior High...my playing style has moved away from needing a trem, so I'm considering selling this one. 1989 Ibanez RG 750 completely stock like the day it was bought 20 years ago. I honestly have no idea how much this would be worth, and I'm not looking to hit a jackpot or anything. I just don't play it anymore and would like it to go to someone who will. The stickers can all be removed easily, and the only cosmetic damage is a small paint crack at the neck pocket and a chip by the input jack (which is visible in the pic). TH**** and Craigslist (San Diego) don't have anything remotely close to compare it to, and a buddy of mine suggested asking the knowledgeable people on this board for some advice.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,516 Posts
If you are looking to sell it here you will need to place an ad in the classifieds section. Also take a moment to read the rules governing the classifieds section before posting there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm considering selling it, and I'll post a classified ad in the appropriate thread when/if I do decide to sell it. I just have no real idea of it's value and I don't want to post an ad asking for $1500 if I should only be asking for $700. I'm not trying to stop on anyone's toes or post things inappropriately. Let me know if I need to just remove this thread and figure out what it's worth without posting here.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Paul Gilbert has one of these.. i want one of these. haha
I dunno, I haven't seen any of these for sale, ever. And i usually keep a close eye on the RG's for sale in the US.
Ibanez recently did a reissue of the RG770DX's and they were asking about 1200 (street price, new) so I'm guessing you can get more than 650 on this but probably no more than 1000, unless theres a diehard Paul Gilbert fan who wants to replicate one to his specs.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I don't know about $650+. I just got this one.........from that auction site no less, for $500 shipped. Carotene Orange as well.

On top of that, this one's had alot of money poured into it in upgrades. EVO in the bridge and neck and a Fastrack in the middle. Also the neck's been professionally scalloped, and love it or hate it, the aftermarket pickguard. Also got the mint OHSC. It's also in 9.0 out of 10.0 condition.

Please believe me when I say I'm not trying to be a tool, but I think $650 is a bit high for the 750. Also OP, some other factors in play........neck pocket cracks...not too big of a deal. Cracks behind the locking nut......quite a big deal. I'd say that one, if it's in relatively clean shape would be somewhere in the $500-600 range with case.

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
I think $650 is overly optimistic, even for an absolutely pristine example in original also pristine case. Throw in a few bumps and bruises, possible cracks at the back of the nut, etc, and it drops.

·
Registered
734 Posts

I was going to say between $400 and $500. $450 or so.

I was originally gonna go there too, but I realized that would be what I.........and most others probably, would pay for it. I think if someone who's been looking for one, or is really enamored with the color saw it, he could maybe get near the $600 mark.

That is of course if it's really clean with the OHSC, no locking nut cracks, the stickers come off with no residue, and shipping was included.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Nice guitar, used to have one of those years ago. I'd say you'd get more money for that guitar if you sold it to a UK buyer. Guitars are so much cheaper in the States than they are here. If that was to go on the bay in the UK I'd say it would fetch £400+ on a good day which is considerably more than $400.

Uberthrall: That guitar of you'rs is stunning man, very nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts