Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just took delivery of an awesome 1990 UV7BK except to my surprise the bridge Blaze II is weak.

I took the pick-guard off and found all pickups original, and the switch and volume pot seem to have untouched connections. However the volume pot!

Using a digital meter I probed the hot wire from each pickup where it connects to the switch, the other probe to the top of the volume pot for ground. The neck and middle seem fine reading 15+ and 13+ respectively. However the bridge pickup measures .477

Taking a reading there, before the switch would that accurately tell me if the pickup is bad? Or do I have to completely de-solder all pickup wires to get an accurate reading?

I did find some questionable wiring from the input jack. Here is a picture, would either of the 3 issues noted on the pic cause just the bridge PUP to be weak? I had another UV7 and on that one, the white wire from the tone pot was going to the middle tab on the volume pot. Not the first tab like on this one.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1F41CjnA_eOdy3xaWfMIw6mw2bQAb23lj

Cheers!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Checked continuity from a string to the ground of the output jack and everything was fine. So I de-soldered the bridge PUP. Dead...OL

:(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts