Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I have a 1992 S540s with the oil finish. I just cracked the neck right above the glue joint at the neck. I need to get a new neck. It has the block/square heel. I need to know either the dimensions or if a 1988 S540 neck will fit correctly in my 1992 or if there is any other years I should look for. Any help is a big thanks.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I've got necks if you want to trade. I can send you mine and when you get it installed, you can send me yours.

Basically it's a Strat neck heel, and will accept any Strat style 25 1/2" scale neck. A neck from a 540S or 540P will work. The 540R necks are completely compatible, but are not the same neck shape. They'll fit, but the neck won't feel the same.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually found a good replacement neck last nite. It is a rosewood fretboard instead of maple. And It doesn't have the S series on the headstock just like the original. I might want to keep this offer open because you never know. I will let you know in a few days if everything goes ok or if I might need to trade ya. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts